21

Jimin gazed straight ahead. 

His brother was munching on his meat, his jaw barely even moving. He gulped down his juice and looked away from him.  

"So Jimin how was school? I'm sure you and Mr.Kim got straight to the hard stuff right?" His mother smiled at him. Jimin grinned back and nodded. 

"Eh...yeah...it was great."

"Are you sure Jimin?" 

Jimin turned his head at the sound of his father's voice. He nodded but his dad clearly hadn't bought it. It could have been from the sweat rolling off his forehead or maybe he noticed him fiddling with his fork but clear he didn't believe him. 

"What did you learn then?"

"Nothing." Jimin blurted out. He grinned even wider, "We learned nothing because I know it all, we just reviewed material." 

"Oh that's my smart little boy!" His mother blew him a kiss from across the table. He pretended to catch it and place it on his cheek. 

"So Jiminie since you've been working hard I thought you could take a beak on Friday afternoon. You know someway for you to meet new people and socialize." 

"Socialize? Him? Ha!"Jihyun gave the table a slap as he proceeded to laugh. Jimin looked at him but it wasn't his glare what stopped him from laughing. It was his father's. 

The boy straightened up, cleared his throat, and looked down to his full plate of food. 

"Anyway it's a church activity for boys your age. There's this one boy I really want you to meet Jiminie, he's so sweet!" His mother squealed and grabs his hand. "He's your age, he moved here recently so you might have not seen him on Sundays. His mother says he doesn't like to go to church because he doesn't know anyone but he's definitely going to the event. I think you'll like him a lot baby." 

Jimin couldn't help but cringe. All the information she'd spit out to him had gone out of his ear once the last word escaped her mouth. 

Baby 

Yoongi called him that and it sounded a lot nicer coming from his mouth. Sure his mother had called him that all his life but now that someone made it sound better, her saying it was just weird. He tried to push the unsettling thought out of his head for the time being. 

"Well it's after school, what do you say honey? I feel that you've been distant lately, it'll be help to your social life. I know you've met new friends but more won't hurt right?" The woman smiled sweetly at her son, so much he couldn't turn down the suggestion. 

"Yes Eomma, that sounds great." He tried to put out a big smile but failed. She settled for his small grin though. 

"Then it's settled, Friday night you'll be spending it at church." 

***

Jimbles: I really am sorry Hyung. 

Sugar: It's alright baby, maybe you can try to get out it? Maybe...somehow?

Jimin stared down at the text and left it as it was. He didn't respond. Instead he continued on to ready for his night in social hell. 

"Hey Hyung."Jihyun came skipping into the room with a soccer ball in his hand. Jimin greeted him with a mumble, it'd been a while since his brother had come to pay him a visit in his room. After the "Do you like boys?" incident, he'd kept his distance.