27

Jimin puckered his lips and breathed out the warm air. He ran towards the the woman with the blue gym bag in her hands. 

"Eomma!" He shouted. He stopped right in front of her and smiled. He leaned in and kissed her cheek. She patted his shoulder and he bent down to let her kiss his forehead. 

"Hi baby. How was your night with Baekhyun? Was it fun watching the stars through the telescope?" She asked with a sweet smile on her face. Jimin half smiled through the lump forming in his throat. 

"Um...yeah it was. How was dinner last night?" He tried changing the topic. He looked around to the teenagers huddled in a group to avoid looking at his mother who he'd just lie to. He pretended to listen to her dinner table story. It was the same as always, Jihyun accidentally dropped his fork and ending up receiving a lecture from their father. 

"How about you Jimin? Did you and Baekhyun socialize with other kids your age?" 

Jimin rubbed the back of his neck. "Not really. We stuck together discussing math problems."  He mentally slapped himself for spilling another lie, this one being unnecessary. 

"Is that so?! Baekhyun likes to discuss educational subjects outside of school? I knew he was a good boy! I told you Jimin! I knew you'd like him!" His mother turned to him with the biggest smile on her face. Jimin smiled back. 

"Where's Jihyun Eomma?" Jimin tried to quickly change the subject again. He didn't want to lie to his mother of his where about from the night anymore. If he wasn't careful, he could end up piling the lies until he could no longer keep up. 

His mother pointed towards the field of the now jogging boys. "He's almost done with his warm up. Why don't got over there and say hello to Coach Choi, I'm sure he'd appreciate it." She placed a hand on his shoulder. "Go on now baby." 

Jimin jogged away from his mother and into the field. He waited for the team of boys to run past him, then he rushed to the coach on the other side. "Coach!" he shouted to the short man staring down at his clipboard with a distressed look. 

"Coach Choi?" He said once again, this time with a lower tone. The short chubby man finally looked up and smiled once he caught sight of the boy in front of him. Jimin returned the gesture. 

"Look at you! Woah! Look at that hair!" Coach Choi pulled a strand of him hair, Jimin's head jerked forward. "You look like the orange I lied about having earlier! How you've been Jiminie!?" The man patted Jimin's shoulder. 

Jimin nodded, "Good coach. It's good to see you again." 

"It good to see you my boy. You haven't come by in a while, how come?" The coach looked at him curiously. "Got a girl or something?" He wiggled his eyebrows. 

Jimin chuckled nervously. "Of course not Coach! School's kept me so busy." 

There he went lying again. Sure studying had kept him busy in the early morning when he'd wake up before his alarm to finish the work he supposedly had done while in "the library" after school. 

"Must be super busy for your kids huh? Only about a year left of school, you must be stressed. Even so try to come cheer your brother on okay?" The coach smiled at him genuinely. "I'm sure he needs it, he's been quite distracted lately." 

Jimin turned to look at the group of boys again. They were now in the middle of the field doing stretches, all except his brother. Jihyun had his legs spread out but instead of bending forward like the rest, he stared ahead blankly. 

"Move it Park! We've ain't got all day you know!" Coach Choi screamed. Instantly his brother shouted back an apology and followed the rest of the kids. 

"See what I mean?"

Jimin nodded, still observing his brother. He wasn't talking with the other boys like he'd usually do. His lips were sealed shut as he reached for his left leg, his bangs covered his distant eyes. 

"I do. I'll speak to him Coach Choi. Would you mind if I pulled him away for a second? I'll make sure he stretches as I pep talking him." Jimin looked hopefully to the shorter man. He agreed. 

Jimin walked past his brother. "Come with me." Without a question Jihyun followed him away from the rest. Some eyes trailed him but not for long. He stood in front of his brother. 

"Get down and spread your legs. I'll help stretch your back." Jimin pointed to the floor and his brother complied. He got behind him and pressed his chest against his back to push him forward. 

"What's going  on with you Hyunnie?"

"I don't know what your talking about." He grunted but Jimin only pressed down harder. 

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." He released some pressure. "Coach told me you haven't had your head in the game. Why?"

"He's lying Hyung." 

Jimin released his brother with a jerk. He marched to his front and sat down in front of him. "Don't accuse Coach Choi of lying you brat. He's not, I noticed it too. I see you're not talking to any of your friends either, not even the little raven haired boy you always talk to." He stared down at his sibling, he crumpled right beneath him. 

"I'm fine...I just- Hyung can we talk about this later? My game is about to start-"

"It's not. What's going on huh? Why haven't you told me anything? You know I'm always there to talk when you need me, always Jihyun." 

His brother scoffed and stood up. Jimin did too and stared down at his brother, his was slightly taller than the boy. "I'm always there for you Jihyun. What's going on? It's not like you to-"

"You're not there Hyung!" Jihyun pushed him away. He breathed heavily as he stared at his stunned brother. "You're never there anymore! I'm fine I tell you! Leave me alone for god's sake!"

He turned on his heels and ran past the crowd of boys. Jimin was left behind shocked by everything that had just happened. After about of minute of standing there looking dumbfounded he moved. He walked to bleachers where some moms were already sitting. 

"Hey Jimbles, did you speak with Coach Choi?" Jimin looked up and nodded. His mother handed him a bottle which he gladly took. "Did you wish Hyunnie good luck?"

Jimin forced a smile. "Of course I did." 

~'~'~'

The 'Not Today' beat at the end of the teasers got me all hyped. I can't wait now. 

Hope you enjoyed!

{Ciel1l}