40

Jimin stared at himself in the mirror. He reflected the soul of a boy who was ready to spill lies to his beloved parents, the only people he vowed to always be truthful to. He ran his hand through his pink hair, admiring the how the complextion changed with the movement.

"It'll be fine, put a hat on or something." Taehyung mumbled. He watched his friend be inscure of himself as he buttoned up his white shirt. Jimin picked up his glasses, he put them in their rightful place.

"I'm sure if I tell Appa that I need the information for research he'll allow me. I just don't understand why I have to do it at the dinner table with people." He said nervously.

Taehyung sighed. "I already told you, Joon wants confirmation before nine. I need time to run back to him so you better not mess this up. We'll both be fucked if you do. Think about that as try to push the words from your mouth."

Jimin shook his head, he excused himself. He walked down the hall to his brother's run.

"Hyunnie." He knocked softly on the door before pushing it open. The blonde sprayed cologne, he spoke words in a soft tone Jimin had never heard him use with anyone. He sounded sweet and caring, like he was enjoying himself fully for once.

They met eyes for a second before Jihyun returned to look at himself into the mirror. Jimin approached him.

"I'll call you back soon." He said and hung up. "What do you want?"

Jimin looked around the room, something was odd about the atmosphere. "Nothing. Just came to see if you were ready for dinner. The Kims should be here any moment, I think we should start heading down."

Jihyun raised his eyebrows as he stared at his brother's reflection. He snickered. "I think you should get down there first before Appa looses it in front of them. Really, pink?"

Jimin rolled his eyes. He stormed out of the room and rushed down to the kitchen. His brother was right, he might as well get yelled at now then in front of the family that will soon be at their door. He peered down into the kitchen then the dining room. The room was beautifully decorated, his mother's elegance shone through.

"Eomma!" He shouted into the living room in hopes she'd be somewhere near. She shouted back for him to quit his yelling, he entered their bedroom. His father's back was turned to his dismay but his mother's wide eyes met his.

"Oh my!" She gasped. Jimin scrunched up his nose, he braced himself. The woman had seen him earlier yet she was too busy too notice the bright color on his head. Her concentration was far too high for her to become aware of the change earlier and Jimin couldn't be more thankful for that.

"Park Jimin! What in god's name have you done!?" His fathers raised his voice at a frightening volume. Jimin stepped into the room, his hands played with each other.

"Baby I thought we had made it clear we do not approve of this sort of change of appearance!Not with the orange, even if I greatly appracicate the color pink it's not right Jimin!" His mother interjected. Jimin couldn't pick out her anger as much as his fathers. Her small eyes were debating between his pupils and the top of his head. Unlike his raging father, she was not as bothered by the bright color.

"Why's it pink? Pink is not for men. Are you crazy?" His father approached him in slow steps. "Do you think that it's acceptable for a man like yourself to display a color so freely?"

Jimin gulped, he tried to come up with a lie as quick as possible.

"No which is why I did it. I'm experimenting Appa." He spoke out loud the untruth words as he formed an untrue thought in his head. "It's for college."