Assembly

Jason was running. Running across a white void. He was running slow motion, pressing against what felt like an invisible wall. He pressed and pushed but he couldn't run any faster. And he needed to run faster. He had to get away, get away.

He could hear noises behind him. He didn't know what they were. But he could hear them all the same and they made terrified him. He had to get away. Jason tried to run faster but it was as if he was trying to charge through mud. He was slogging along. He could hear the noises. Closer. Closer. He screamed. No sound came out.

A shadow fell over him. Jason looked up. A huge man was looming over him. A Japanese man with hollow eyes, the inside of them dark pits, his massive hands gripping a huge knife. Akihiro. Jason screamed again. This time, he could heard a noise. The void around him seemed to rattle ever so slightly.

"Jason." Akihiro hissed. Globs of paint dripped from his maw. They splattered around Jason, shaking the void like miniature earthquakes. His voice was like thunder. The Urban Spider felt a sensation in his body. He fell to his knees. Gripping his ears. He screamed again. The void beneath him changing color, vibrating and writhing as it changed into different colors, warping like a psychadelic light show.

Jason tried to get him. But as he places his hand down, a hand burst from the void. It grabbed onto his arm. The Urban Spider shrieked and tried to pull his arm loose. There was a wet snap and his arm was ripped off. Blood went flying as Jason fell backward, his stump waving around, the rest of his arm clutched in the hand's grasp.

Jason fell on his backside. He screamed and screamed, blood zipping from his stump and whirling around him. Faces formed in the circle of flying blood, Akihiro's laughter echoing from them. The giant Akihiro raised his huge knife and burst into laughter. The void around them shattered like glass, revealing paint beneath it.

Akihiro raised his knife. It glinted. The blood flew away from Jason, continuing to shriek and jeer before it flopped into the paint and vanished. Jason struggled to rise. But he couldn't. It was like he was paralyzed. The knife thrusted down, about to smash down upon him.

A loud noise cut through Jason's thoughts. He shrieked, raising his head up, and rolled forward. He toppled off of something and smashed down hard. He yelped, flipping over on his hands and feet, crouching and preparing to leap-

Jason blinked as the room came into focus. His room. He had rolled out of bed and landed on the floor. He sighed in relief and sat down on his ass. He let out a long breath and wiped his head, which was covered in sweat.

Jesus Christ. It had been a dream but what a fucked up one. He grabbed onto the side of his bed, pulled himself to his knee. He stretched, shaking his head. Fuck! That had been horrible. Just a real fucking balls to the wall nightmare. He hadn't had one of those in a hell of a long time.

A loud noise burst through the room. Jason jumped and whirled around. He blinked. Oh. It was the door. Someone was knocking on the door. Okay. He approached the door, cracking it open. He blinked as light streamed through the crack and assaulted his still sensitive eyes.

Laureen was standing on the other side of the door. She looked tired. Her hair was still a mess behind and her eyes were slightly bloodshot. She was, however, in full costume. Behind her Audrey was moving about, trudging through the common area. Laureen looked Jason up and down. She smirked.

Jason coughed awkwardly and hide his naked form more behind the door. "Uh... hey," He said, feelings his cheeks flush a bit. "Need something?"

"Dude, its six forty already." Laureen grunted. Jason stared at her blankly. What was she talking about? They never got up this early except for the occasional training session and missions. Were they going on a mission?