Road Rage

The APC rumbled down the road, kicking up dust in its wake. Jason sat against the wall, being jostled around a bit. He wished there was a more comfortable place to sit inside this thing but it seemed pretty bare bones besides the driver's console. Instead, Jason opened one of the peepholes on the side and looked out, watching for any passerbys. Driving this thing would probably get someone's attention. Probably.

Thankfully, the road seemed pretty desolate at the moment, not too surprising considering it was the middle of the night. But still, Jason had expected more of a police or military presence, considering the Agency base lay in ruins only a few miles into the forest. But maybe they were trying to keep it on the down low. Jason could only guess. It was weird being out of the loop of everything, deprived of the situation for the most part. But it was his own choice. Maybe it was a stupid one but until he got the gang back together, he didn't feel like being in the midst of the government without the Director, Robertson, or most of his friends to stand up for him.

James was whistling and talking to himself as they drove. "Hydrogen lithium polassium rubidium caesium francium you know if we could harness hydrogen gas to power our vehicles such as this armored personnel carrier here we'd be a lot more efficent as a species of course hydrogen cars exist that's a given but they're ineffecient not their fault truly its more the fault of the system in place which is biased as it were toward gas and diesel fuel of course that's a faulty system getting more obsolete and out of touch day by day fossil fuels are running out a dying industry in order to keep up we should turn our efforts toward hydrogen solar and electrical based cars its unfortunate that-"

Jason raised a hand and gave James a hard look. James coughed awkwardly. "Er yes forgive me while my body is concentrating on getting us toward our destination sort of working on autopilot you know my brain tends to wander even in this serious situation my apologies."

"Its alright man," Jason said with a sigh. "Just...try and focus, okay?" James nodded, his glasses bouncing on his nose. He adjusted them with one hand, before shooting Jason a thumbs up then turned forward, returning his focus to the road.

They drove on in silence for a little bit. Jason tapped his arms, listening to the engine for sometime. He wanted to pace, to move around, but the compartment was too cramped and too rickety. He'd probably fall on his ass. So he just stayed put and spoke up.

"So. You know where this road is?"

"I do indeed yes I do got it memorized front and center of my mind right now I've actually analyzed it a number of times cross referenced it with the map and based on our current location we should only be several minutes away considering the speed of this vehicle," James replied, not looking away from the road. "We should be there soon enough and hopefully it won't be trap imagine if they lined the road with mines unlikely but I hope something along those lines doesn't happen but we should be prepared regardless right right!"

Jason nodded deeply. "Yeah. What..." He raised a finger. "...is our plan, anyway? I don't think we've talked about it yet."

"Ah yes of course sorry didn't occur to me to say it yet slipped my mind that sometimes happens not often but sometines anyway!" James raised a finger and tapped the console. "We are sitting in a Skeleton Crew vehicle obvious right I mean they're logo is on the outside and everything a skull motif isn't the most subtle but they don't strike me as a 'subtle' organization but we have captured an enemy vehicle and hopefully they that is the rest of the Skeleton Crew perched in that airship of theirs which I really must get a closer look at after all it seems an astounding piece of technology unfortunately being used for destructive purposes but we us you and me can use this vehicle to our advantage we blend in disguised within the belly of this figurative beast into the conoy and once we lull them into a false sense of security we strike not perfect but it's a pretty good plan actually considering I made it up on the fly had to consider a lot of variables but it seems rather foolproof best we've got anyway."