Cellblock Rampage

Hiroshi was first to attack, launching energy beams at Incisor. They struck him but failed to make an impact, exploding harmlessly on the monster's hide. The elephant-man continued to roar, arms spread, his chest bleeding.

Jason latched onto the blood. Incisor was riddled with bullet wounds and although they didn't appear to have made a true impact on him, they had nevertheless penetrated his tough skin. Incisor could be hurt, Tuatara clawing through one of his eyes had proven that much and Laureen melting through his fingers mere minutes ago had only reinforced it. Now, he had dozens of potential wounds to take advantage of.

Nothing was invincible. Several times, Jason had witnessed giants fall. His kind, metahumans weren't human and to some, they might seem like gods. But they weren't. Jason felt as human as the next guy down the street. The thing in front of him was a monster but beneath that exterior burned the heart of a man, mutated into Incisor. But Incisor would fall too. You just had to know where to give the fucker a solid whack and let him realize his own power meant nothing when he was up against them. The Metahuman fucking Agency!

Incisor lurched forward, his arm sweeping at Jason. Jason kicked off a nearby jutting rock and flipped over the air, feeling the force of the thing swing under him. He grabbed onto Incisor's tusks and yanked himself upward, somersaulting into the air. He then kicked downward, giving off a wild yell, as his foot slammed down hard into one of Incisor's gaping bullet wounds.

Incisor howled, as Jason felt his boot slam into something soft. Something fragile. He grinned, flipping backward and landing in a crouch before the monstrous metahuman. Incisor bellowed again at him, his angry roar making Jason's ears ring. But Tuatara leaped forward and his claws racked across another bullet wound, flaks of skin and muscle tearing loose in a spray of blood. Incisor grabbed at him but the lizard-boy dived between the elephant-man's legs, the monster's giant fingers closing on nothing. And two more energy blasts from Hiroshi slammed into the side of Incisor's head.

Incisor bellowed in rage, spinning around. Jason grinned mockingly at him. "What's wrong, big guy?" He said, his tone scathing as he put every ounce of contempt he had for the Skeleton Crew into it. "Not so fun to be on the receiving end of pain, huh? Well, don't worry. There'll be lots more where those came from."

Incisor roared in response, his wail trumpeting across the island. He then slammed his fist into the earth, cracking the ground from the blow. A shockwave of forced burst around him, throwing up dust and sand in its wake. Jason was smacked forcefully by the shockwave and sent tumbling backwards, the cloud enveloping him. Hiroshi was knocked from the sky too, slamming down hard face first. Hiroshi squealed in pain, thrashing violently as he clutched his chest.

Jason twisted onto his feet, his eyes and throat stinging from the cloud of dust. He blinked through it, stumbling over to Hiroshi and pulling the teenager to his feet. Hiroshi yelped again, but quickly said: "I'm okay...I'm okay!"

The whine of a jet engine echoed from overhead before winds swept over the dustcloud. Jason looked up, squeezing his eyes near shut, as The Panther flew down low over them. Its engines dispersed the cloud of dust, sweeping it away. From inside the cockpit, James gave them a cheeky smile and a thumbs up. Jason returned both, before looking around for Incisor.

He didn't have to look far. Incisor was retreating back toward the cliff's base, one finger at his right ear. He was bellowing, "WORMHOLE! GET ME TO THE TOP OF THE ISLAND! I NEED REINFORCEMENTS! NOW!"

From behind him, Jason heard Laureen yelled: "JAMES! Open fire on that asshole! And you military guys, hovering around up there! Do the same! Rest of you...GET CLEAR!" Jason immediately back-peddled, dragging Hiroshi with him. A few feet away, Tuatara sprang toward them, his spindly limbs carrying him easily over the sand. Audrey stood too and although she hesitated for a moment, she fluttered backwards with a buzz of her wings. He caught a glimpse of Laureen, huddled on a nearby rock outcropping, waving at the helicopters above.