Wrath of the Inferno

Jason stared up at the gargantuan airship. He watched at its enormous missile launchers twisted to the side, aiming downwards at the city outskirts. His eyes widened. He tried to pull himself forward but his arms gave way and he flopped back to the roof. James covered his mouth, his eyes going wide.

No!

The airship opened fire. Missiles streaked toward several buildings, slamming hard into them. Chunks of the buildings exploded, chunks of debris being sent flying by violent shockwaves of fire. Clouds of dust engulfed the area as pieces of the damaged buildings rained down on the streets below. The airship's massive gatling guns then opened fire, shredding through some docks. Several ships were carved in half like they were made of Swiss cheese, docks bursting apart around them. Alarms began to echo from the city, as Jason stared at the carnage in horror.

"Oh god..." He muttered, one hand clenching at the roof. "Oh Jesus fucking Christ." He only hoped people have been evacuated from the city but he knew, he knew, that not everyone could have possibly been shipped out of there yet, even with them distracting Jacqueline's forces here on Alcatraz. He knew people were dying right now. Because of her. She'd gotten away by the skin of her teeth and now, she was laying waste to the city.

"Fucking..." Jason growled. He pushed at the ground. He had to get up. He had to. But his stupid body was refusing to move. His legs...his arms...everything burned. James noticed him struggling on the ground and leaned over the side of his cockpit, his hair bobbing in the wind of the jet engines.

"Jason oh my oh dear did you see that its horrible the death toll is going to be massive are you alright you look hurt which is probably plainly obvious but I think the situation is well out of hand that's the airship we were told about its incredible to see in action incredibly horrifying the sheer destructive scale of it is unimaginable!" James said, wildly flailing his arms. "Jason Jason can you get up if not I'll try to uh well not I won't try I will help you I'm perfectly capable of that I swear but we need to hurry can you get up Jason hurry!"

Jason tried to push himself up again, groaning. But again, his body failed him. He cursed angrily, squeezing his eyes together, and yelled internally: Get up! Come on Jason, you've been through worse than this! Get up! Get up you stupid fuck!

But he couldn't rise. And as he tried desperately, he heard a horrible, wrenching grinding noise from above. Jason looked up and his eyes widened. James too inclined his head skyward and say, through bated breath, "My goodness look at that that's incredible or actually I think no no its not incredible its horrifying oh my oh dear..."

Jason watched as the front of the airship seemed to unfold. Humongous slabs of metal unfurled, massive clouds of steam expelling from them. Against the backdrop of smoke and fire from the city below, a huge gun burst out from the airship's depths, extending outward. Jason's eyes practically popped out at the sight of it. It was enormous!At least the size of a fricking building!

"Holy shit..." He gasped, wincing slightly as another painful burning sensation rammed against his injured ribs. James clutched at his lips, squealing in shock.

"Oh my goodness look at the size of that that is oh my goodness Jason did I say that already apologies apologies but this is incredible frightening I goodness oh dear I'm repeating myself I er I estimate that's a coilgun but its incredibly massive the sheer manpower the sheer amount of money to make a gun so large well it just bogels the mind but the sheer destructive force it could unleash oh my oh dear Jason!" James whirled around and gripped the side of the cockpit. "Oh goodness can you get up you've got to rise we need to stop that hideous terrible destructive thing and the airship that wields it can I help you can you rise on your own you look badly hurt oh dear!"