Nightmares and Hopes

Jason sat at the end of the river. The sign was there. The sign that said "NO FISHING". But he couldn't read the words and the sign seemed to be old, rotting away, looking like it would fall to bits at any moment. The trees at the either side of the river were masked by fog.

'Wasn't it just here?' Jason thought. He looked down at himself. He was naked. There were spiders crawling around his feet. Big, hairy ones were red eyes and leering fangs. Jason yelped and sprang away from them, running next to the river.

He looked for the bridge. Where was the bridge? But it wasn't there. Jason turned around, searching for any sign of a path through the fog. But he couldn't see anything through it. It was too dense, masking any signs of escape.

'I've got to cross the water,' Jason thought. He needed to get away from the spiders. He turned around. The spiders were coming. A whole horde them. Limbs twisting, fangs glistening, their red eyes staring at him from the darkness. Coming, coming, coming for him. Jason howled and dove forward. He landed in the water. He tried to swim, splashing at the dark water. But it seemed to grab him and dragged him down.

He went spinning through darkness. Jason struggled but it felt like something was holding him tight as he floated through the black void. He saw something move in the darkness. The blackness seemed to part and Akihiro's face thrusted from the gloom, huge and grinning.

Akihiro's giant face leered down at Jason, paint spilling from his massive hollow eyes. He spoke and great globes of paint spewed from his mouth, wooshing past Jason like missiles. A massive knife reared next to Akihiro, several security guards impaled on it like a horrifying skewer.

The knife positioned itself in front of Jason. Jason screamed silently, trying to twist loose. Akihiro laughed again, his voie booming through the voide. He spoke. "Hold still. Hold still. And you'll get to join the masterpiece. After all, you let them die and served them up for like nuggets. You escaped but not for long! Now you get to join them and suffer like they suffered!" Akihiro cackled wildly and the knife thrusted forward.

Jason howled, raising his hands. But the knife exploded into fragments, zooming past Jason and flying off into the nothingness. Akihiro's giant face flashed another grin before the skin seemed to ooze off him. Leaving just a giant skull floating there. It opened it lips and spewed forth a river of blood. The river slammed into Jason and he was dragged alone it.

Rotting hands burst from the blood river. They grabbed at him. Jason shrieked and swatted them away. He heard screams from the water and heard the distant sounds of gunfire. A security guard's face, missing an eye, erupted from the water in front of him. It opened its cracked lips and gurgled, vomiting up blood, "You abandoned us. You let us die."

"No!" Jason cried. He tried to struggle away. "I-I didn't..."

"You're no hero," The zombie guard hissed. It shoved its horrifying face against Jason's. "You're just a scared brat. You should just kill yourself, you fuck. Then you can pay for being a coward."

Jason pushed the face away. It flopped back into the river of blood. He heard a roar above him. Jason looked up and saw helicopters zooming over the river. They opened river into the blood and Jason heard the sound of people screaming. Explosions boomed all around him.

Jason covered his ears. "STOP IT!" He screamed. "STOP!" He tried to shut his eyes but it was as if something was forcing them open, making him look and see. The gunfire streaked past him, missing him by some miracle. The screams then did stop. The helicopters melted away into the darkness. Corpses bobbed to the surface of the river, torn apart. There were hundreds.