Flee

Jaccqueline's claws slashed down at Jason's head. Jason cried out, instinctively raising his arms to protect himself. But before the metal claws slammed into him, an object suddenly zoomed in between him and Jacqueline's hand with a loud whirr. Jacqueline's claws slammed into the object and there was a flash of sparks. The object went spinning away and Jacqueline staggered back, yelling, her baritone, synthesized voice sounding surprised.

Jason quickly seized his chance. Coughing, he rolled over and managed to force himself to his feet. He staggered away from Jacqueline. A flash of pain slammed into his chest, nearly making him topple, but he managed to stay up. As he staggered forward, he saw an object laying against the wall. It was a drone, part of it carved open like swiss cheese, sparks sputtering from its damaged chasis. Jason recognized the drone as the iSpy, a specially designed drone James had made that he had used on a few missions.

James stood at the other end of the hallway, clutching his phone in his hands. He flashed Jason a grin. "Luckily we're right next to the Hangar I was modifying that to include a new auto-targeting feature enabling us to tag targets in the field too bad that won't happen now I was looking forward to it but at least-"

"Not now!" Laureen yelled, elbowing James and cutting him off. She pointed ahead "Everyone, run for it! Go for the Hangar!"

Jason screeched to a stop. He took a breath, the action sending a stab of burning pain through him again, before whirling around. Jacqueline was shaking her head, her optics zeroing in on him.

"Bastard!" She cried. She raised her grenade launcher. Jason's eyes went wide and he threw himself to the side. Jacqueline fired, the shot hitting the side of the wall and exploding.

A shockwave of force slammed into Jason and he was propelled forward, smashing sideways into the wall. He cried out and couldn't hear his voice. Everything had gone quiet. Except...except for a ringing noise. He fell to the floor, silently crying out again as his chest hit the ground, sending more pain through his body.

He raised his head. Part of the wall had been blown to shreds, cinders of it flopping to the floor. A cloud of dust engulfed part of the hallway, blocking Jason's view of the others. Were they alright? He couldn't hear anything. Except for the damn ringing. He grabbed at the floor, trying to pull himself up but he couldn't. His body just wouldn't let him.

A shadow fell over him. Jason looked up. Jacqueline stood over him, looking almost like a monster with her suit's beastial features and glowing optics. She might have been saying something. Jason couldn't tell. He tried to push himself to his feet, to get away from her, to fight back. But he just flopped back to the floor, his chest feeling like it was on fire.

Jacqueline raised one foot. Positioning it over Jason's head. Jason fumbled, slapping at his utility belt, but his hand was too weak to grab again and he just groped at it ineffectually.

Jacqueline rammed her foot down at his head. But before it crushed his skull to paste, a cloud of black smoke engulfed Jacqueline's head. Jacqueline's foot twisted as she raised her hands, swatting at the smoke. Her foot slammed, right next to Jason's head. He felt the floor shudder from the impact.

Jason stared at her foot. Shocked at how close he just came to getting killed. Then someone grabbed his arm. Laureen, Max, and James were standing over him. All three were covered with a fine layer of dust and the side of Laureen's head was bleeding. She was yelling something and tugged at him. Jason pushed himself and with her help, was able to pick himself up.

Suddenly, at once, his hearing came back. He heard Laureen yell in his ear, "-come on!" Jason winced and then heard Jacqueline roaring with rage, as she continued swing and slash blindly at Laureen's smoke. Max and James ran ahead, stopping at the open doorway into the Hangar. Jason leaned on Laureen as she limped forward after them.