Lonely Nightmares

With a creak, the elevator stopped on the next floor. Jason pulled himself on the wall, stretching, and sauntered through the doors as they opened, Laureen following close behind, the others behind her.

Jason found himself in a little longue. It looked about the size of a kitchen and featured only a few chairs, a round table, and a sofa. A medium sized TV was hooked to the wall and it was lit with dim, fluorescent lighting. A door sat at the end of the longue, currently shut.

"Well..." Laureen put her hands on her hips. "I call couch." She chuckled to herself.

"Um..." Hiroshi moved beside them, rubbing nervously at his neck. "Um...ah..." He raised a finger. "Hey...um...where do we sleep? Use the bathroom? Not to complain...but I thought there was like..." He swallowed, as if afraid to protest. "...well. More space and stuff."

The guard coughed. All eyes went to him. The guard raised a finger. Jason followed it and saw he was pointing at the door at the end of the room.

"Through there is a separate hallway with a few bedrooms and two bathrooms," The guard grunted. He lowered his hand. "Extra clothes will be delivered in about an hour, depending how fast we can get 'em."

"Close ain't exactly our top priority chief, despite this costume feel like its starting to stick to my skin," Laureen rubbed at her outfit. "But I can deal with wearing this thing for however long it takes. Our fucking priority is taking down the Skeleton Crew, not being comfortable."

"Right..." The guard laughed. Laureen gave him a glare, obviously a bit incensed he didn't take her words seriously. "Anyway, get some rest. Some food will be down shortly too but you've stuff in the cabinets here. We'll buzz when we need you all upstairs. Hopefully boss man will have some results on this crisis then." With that, the guard pushed the button and the elevator closed.

Max immediately stomped forward, practically shoved open the door, and disappeared from sight. Jason snorted as he watched the guy go. "Guess he's ready for some sleep."

James nodded vigorously. "Yes yes yes I sometimes envy you all everybody really all of humanity blanket statement perhaps but its accurate yes yes of course it is I should double check triple check beyond that could be overkill but it pays to be factually correct in your statements make you seem more credible to listen to even if your ideas seem a tad preposterous but anyway I envy you all sometimes because you get to sleep whenever you want while me James Fisher Jr that's me you all know that of course just felt the need to say it for some reason am bound by a rigorous schedule and sometimes that can be a tad annoying not annoying in the physical or mental sense fatigue never gets to me during my waking hours but still it can inconvenient and such you know?"

"...Uh yeah," Jason said, scratching his hair. "Yeah, we know dude. You really gotta work on that repeating yourself thing."

"Yes yes yes," James said hurriedly, moving over to the couch, bending down, and examining it. "Of course quite I am trying you know really I am but every now and again well that actually makes it seem more rare than it probably is let's say its an uncommon event uncommonly a thought squeezes through and I can't help myself I have to say I have to get it out."

Jason sighed and was about to reply when he yawned. Stifling his yawn, all that came out was a slightly muffled: "Whatever..."

Audrey also yawned, her antennae drooping. Laureen yawned next and stretched.

"Good going Jason," She grunted, rubbing her eyes. "You've got the yawn plague. Now I feel fucking wiped out."

Jason smiled tiredly at her. "Sorry. Well, we did say we were gonna hit the hay."