Enemy Territory

Before the AA gun's artillery shell could strike and blow The Panther to smithereens, Audrey came flying down and slammed into the plane's side. She knocked it off course, the AA gun firing. The shell zoomed past the jet, Jason frozen with terror, his eyes tracking the shell. Time seem to slow as the shell went sailing off into the sky, before detonating several meters away, illuminating the darkness in orange light. The plane rattled, the sound of the explosion rumbling overhead moments later.

Audrey carried the plane to the deck, gunfire erupting around her. She slammed it down on the edge of the deck and rose next to the cockpit. As bullets bounced off her shell, she leaned close to the cockpit and yelled, "Everyone okay?!"

"We're a little fucking rattled but I'm good!" Laureen groaned as she pulled herself up. She turned to everyone else. "Yo, everyone good?!" Jason gave her a thumbs up, his ears ringing, while everyone did the same.

Laureen took a peek outside, as a spray of bullets bounced off the cockpit window. She jerked back and gritted her teeth. "Alright, we're in fucking enemy territory now..." She waved at Audrey. "Alright, time to go to work! Audrey, go for those AA guns! Get Hiroshi to help you! We'll deal with the other assholes on the deck. Let's wipe the floor with any resistance and get fucking inside as damn fast as we motherfucking can!"

Audrey nodded. She spun around, raising her arms to deflect gunfire from her face and chest. Giving a loud roar, she shot forward with a buzz of her wings across the deck. Hiroshi dived over the downed jet, zooming after her, firing bolts of energy at unseen adversaries.

James groaned, pushing himself up from the now dark controls. He sighed, running his hands over the buttons, a mournful expression on his face. Laureen pushed herself from her chair, slowly easing herself to her feet. She looked at James and said, "Professor...you okay?"

"Oh I'm fine I'm fine well apart from slight nausea and a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach akin to a very strong gentleman gripping my stomach and wringing it..." He sighed and stood, straightening his tie with one hand while wiping sweat off his forehead with the other. "I'm afraid The Panther ah has been terminated its dead for lack of a better one completely offline I could repair it given time but I don't think that is a possibility no not at all even with generous calculations in our favor in account."

"Yeah, sorry, dude," Laureen said, patting his shoulder. "But we gotta get out there and help..." She looked at the shut cargo doors of the plane. "But we're locked in and with this plane dead, we can't fucking get out..." She slapped herself in the head. "Fuck! Should've asked Audrey to rip the cockpit windshield off or something..."

"Well, let's go out fast!" Jason growled impatiently, tired of sitting around. He pulled himself to his feet and looked at the cargo. "I bet I could open those."

"No no no don't trouble yourself I shall handle it!" James scuttled between Jason and Tuatara, bouncing his way to the doors. He pulled open a control panel, revealing a mess of wires inside. He gripped two wires between his fingers and blew on them before pressing them together. "My poor Panther may be dead terminated offline broken what have you but I bet..." A spark of electricity jumped between the wires and the cargo doors creaked loudly open. Cold air blew inside, ruffling James's curly blonde hair. He grinned, dropping the wires and said excitedly, "Aha you see that just enough reserve power stored inside to trigger a reaction!"

"Terrific," Tuatara said in a neutral tone. The sound of gunfire and screams echoed outside. He bit his scaly lips as he moved toward the open doors, placing a clawed hand on the rim. Jason crawled behind him, scuttling forward on all fours. He looked at Laureen, waiting for orders.

"What's the plan, boss?" He asked.

"Shit, I gotta repeat myself?" Laureen sighed. "Fuck it, alright. You and Tuatara go out first, hit 'em hard. Plan is to clear a path to an entrance of some kind, while Audrey and Hiroshi handle those big guns. Once we clear that path, we get inside, we fight our way to Jacqueline and Akihiro, and after that...I dunno, we find a way to disable this airship. Not a great plan but its what I got. Fucking clear?"