Sinking Ship

The room began to tilt forward. Chunks of destroyed computers, terminals, anything that wasn't bolted down began to slide forward, bouncing along the floor as they sped forward, gathering speed. Jason caught a quick glimpse of Audrey, the beetle girl stopping her pounding and zipping out of the way of the now falling airship.

Jacqueline froze, hovering there in midair. Jason took the opportunity to leap to the wall and stuck there, holding as a loud groan echoed through the ship. Gravity began to feel looser, objects falling upwards and bouncing about the bridge as its falling mass continued to succumb to the pull of the earth below.

A chunk of a desk bounced off Jacqueline's chest. That seemed to snap her out of her stupor. She shook herself, her helmeted head craning as she watched desks, rubble, and even mercenaries bodies slide under her. She then whirled around and jabbed a finger at James. "YOU!" She roared, her lips audibly smacking together. "You bastard, what did you do?! What did you do to my SHIP?!"

James looked up at her, his expression not happy for once. He calmly, almost somberly said, "I'm afraid Ms. Prescott Jacqueline if you'd prefer that the only way to stop your destructive weapon in time was to shut down the entire airship so I did now we're falling and likely going to crash quite hard into San Francisco Bay I suggest you yes you hold onto something!" James then gripped the ends of the computer, his knuckles going white.

Jacqueline screamed, raising her grenade launcher. But Jason turned and braced himself, as the airship slammed into the dark waters of the bay. The entire airship shook from the violent impact, shockwaves rippling through the bridge. Debris was thrown too and fro, Jason twisted about as chunks of stuff crashed around him. Several portions of the ceiling came loose, crashing to the floor. The wall shuddered beneath Jason before the entire room seemed to twist. Jason held on for dear life, screaming, as sparks exploded about the room.

He caught a glimpse of Laureen sliding forward, flailing about as she tried to grab onto something. He caught her by the arm as she went past and gripped her tight. Laureen jerked to a halt and looked up at him, her eyes red and streaming.

"Don't let go!" Jason screamed, as another section of the ceiling collapsed.

"I wasn't FUCKING planning on it!" Laureen howled back. Jason looked about, searching for Hiroshi and Tuatara but didn't spot them amidst the chaos engulfing the bridge.

But he did see Jacqueline, half-buried under a huge block of metal, not far away. The woman was struggling to rise, the block keeping her pinned, her wings whining in protest as she tried to raise them. Her exposed eye met Jason's and Jason physically flinched. He saw cold blooded murder in her eyes, a primal ferocity like some sort of animal. Her eye narrowed into a dark slit and with a snarling wail, she forced herself up. One fist struck the block and finally knocked it off.

"Fuck..." Jason hissed. He pulled Laureen against him, as she craned her neck. Jacqueline's jetpacked roar back to life, another portion of the wall bursting behind her. High pressure water spewed in but she didn't notice or didn't care. She flew at them, claws brandished.

Jason jumped, an ungraceful leap thanks to his bad leg. Jacqueline struck the wall, tearing through it. Water spewed through the damage, ramming her in the chest. Jacqueline's chest sparked madly and she spun around, her gaze fixed solely on Jason.

Jason hit the floor and he yelped as a flash of pain went through his leg. He dropped Laureen and they both rolled down the floor, which was beginning to get slick with water. The world became a blur around Jason as he tumbled, grabbing at nothing, unable to find a grip.

He finally slammed into something, something hard hitting him in the ribs. Jason gasped, sputtering and raised his head. He saw the window looming before him, affording him a look outside. There wasn't much to see now. The window's lower view was obstructed with water, the upper half sinking into the depths fast to join its bottom part. The city skyline in the distance was obscuring by smoke, violent waves, and the dark of the night. But the main fact that Jason realized was that the airship was sinking and fast.