Beach Strike

But before the collective group of vehicles could open fire, several objects came screaming over to the sky. A squadron of fighter planes roared overhead, diving downward before opening fire. Their collective gunfire hit one of the looming helicopters and it twisted sideways, firing off a single missile that streaked overhead several meters before detonating over the bay.

The three other helicopters broke formation as the fighter jets soared over them, one shooting wildly at the attacking planes but missing completely. Then another shape zoomed over the side of the island and Jason's face cracked into a smile.

It was The Panther! The sleek black jet flew right at the nearest helicopter, spraying machine gunfire. Bullets ripped through the helicopter's cockpit and the attack chopper spun out of control. It twisted hard, smashing into a nearby cliff face, one of its rotors bashing itself in half.

The Skeleton Crew helicopter fell downward, crashing on its side to the beach below, its rotors spinning to a violent halt as its crash sent a shudder throughout the island, sending chunks of sand flying into the air. The tanks halted, one of them even starting to turn around. The Panther zoomed over them, its engines sending winds whipping below before it activated its after burners and accelerated back up into the sky. Two of the helicopters gave chase, firing missiles wildly at the jet.

Jason whooped in glee before jumping to his feet. He grabbed Laureen's arm, yanking her up and threw her onto his back. Behind him, the wounded helicopter flailing in midair, kicking up sand all around him.

Jason coughed, sand attacking his eyes and mouth. Laureen pointed at the nearest tank and spat another plume of black smoke, engulfing the thing. The blinded tank fired anyway, the very air seeming to explode as a cannon blast ripped through the smoke. It narrowly missed Jason and struck the cliff wall behind him. Chunks of rock were blasted to smithereens, burning hunks of debris raining down.

Jason leaped forward, slabs of smoking rock raining down around him. He jumped from side to side, Laureen cursing inn his ear as he barely avoided the small avalanche before throwing himself forward. He shot through the air and wrapped his hands around the closest object: the tank's barrel.

Jason jerked a halt, Laureen's weight dragging him slightly down. He gripped the barrel harder, wrapping his legs around it. The tank began reversing, Jason's body shaking as the barrel rattling. Laureen's arms wrapped harder around his neck, choking him a bit.

"I'm slipping!" She cried. "Dude, the fuck are you doing?! Trying to be fucking Indiana Jones?!

Jason gurgled slightly in response, sand being thrown against his dangling body from the tank's threads. He caught a glimpse of the jet squadron roar overhead, chasing down a smoking helicopter before they fell out of view. Swallowing, Jason tried to think of what to do next but as he did, he heard grinding noise to his left.

The second tank rolled up alongside the first. The first tank's barrel then swung toward the second, trying to smash Jason against the other vehicle. Jason and Laureen both screamed. Jason then let go, seconds before the impact, the tank barrel slamming hard above his head and rattling the second vehicle.

Jason and Laureen fell onto the tank's threads and started being yanked forward. Jason squirmed, slapping his hand onto the tank, sticking there. He was jerked to a painful halt, yelping as the tank tread continued to roll under his lower body. Laureen cried out as she hung onto his backside, gripping hard at his costume to avoid being torn loose and crushed underneath the treads.

Jason swung his other arm forward, grabbing onto the side of the tank. The first tank pulled its barrel backward, its side mounted machine gun turning in their direction. Jason cursed before gripping onward and yanking himself forward. He was sailed onto the top of the tank and came down on his hands and feet, a burst of the first tank's machine gun clanging off the second vehicle's treads below.