4. There will be Blood

It's not new for me watching the couple happily mingle with my siblings. They genuinely treat us warmly and I feel weird about it. I don't know but I feel a huge connection with them.

Maybe because of my late parents who used to be good friends with them. I didn't expect they're good and humble people. I pictured them badly while I was growing up because of what happened to my family. Because of the confiscated books, the death of my mother which I judged that she was poisoned and many things I couldn't name. I feel bad that they're not able to protect us, their friends.

"Czar? Are you alright?" Mrs Crimson approached me hiding on the corner. "Let's sit and eat." I joined them and sit in beside Edward who is just next to Catherine.

"Jhersy, what happened to your cheek?" I didn't noticed Jhersy was already sitting close to me. I glanced at him and saw his bruised face. He tried to cover it and looked at me irritatedly.

"I fell on the tree while practing." He lied, of course. It will be a shame to tell them the truth.

"Oh what a careless boy." Mrs Crimson looked at him concerned he was hurt.

"Jhersy, you're so disappointing." Jen seriously scolded him. Maybe their expectations towards Jhersy was too high that a simple mistake is a big deal to them. Well I don't know much about them.

Mj panicked and gave me a pleading look for me to help him. Though I wanted him to get humiliated but with Mj's plea, I can't refuse. She's still my mentor and it's an honor to give what she's begging for.

"Ehem. He wasn't careless. Actually, he was focused meditating on a branch when I screamed at him. He was shocked so he fell down on the ground. I'm sorry, it won't happen again." I bowed my head and continued eating. Gosh, my voice nearly cracked. My food can no longer get in my esophagus.

"Ahmm, can I ask a question?" Edward raised his hand and everyone looked at him.

"What is it, little man?" I noticed Mr Crimson likes my brother a lot, unlike how he acts towards me and Catherine. But I prioritized my siblings so if they are favored, it's fine with me.

"Who's birthday are we celebrating?" He asked excitedly and I feel dumb not even asking whose birthday we're attending for.

"Hah! Of course it's mine!" Jhersy laughed and ate a spoon of strawberry cake.

"This is not just yours, Jhersy." Mr Crimson said seriously. He glanced at me and I bowed down again on my plate. "Have you forgotten about your birthday, Csarie?" I raised my head and saw him smiling with his eyes.

"I- I was too busy with my siblings and duties to remember it." I can't look at him straight in the eye so my eyes travelled from left and right. I know Jersey and I were born at thesame day so if it was his birthday, that's the only time I got reminded of my special day. My special day doesn't even feel that special since my parents died. I was always focused in a lot of things that I wasn't aware of the time that flies.

That's not all, I never felt like it was my birthday since the beginning. They're all focused on Jersey that my own parents would even forget about me.

"That's too bad to hear. Don't worry, your birthday will always be celebrated with us." Mrs Crimson gladly assured me but I feel uncomfortable with it. When will I be loved for being me? When will my special day get celebrated without someone else's birthday?