29. When Shadows Fall

Murder is cheap. That's what I saw in here. Nobody cares about your death except for the people who are close to you. If only Yuan and Minea handled well of this settlement, Bonny wouldn't think about taking it back.

Apollo, Prime, Edward and Catherine, I can see from them how they want to stay as an assailant. I understand that Bonny has too. She's the only legacy of Arcane. If I would ask anyone from them to come with me and live in the outside world to live a normal life, no one would take my hand.

I am prepared to live alone. If this war ends, they won't need me anymore. I will be placed back in the shadow, Prime's shadow. My real parents? Hmm, I don't think they'll notice my disappearance. I never felt any affection from them. Though daddy Nick feels more when compared to them but now that Prime has already acknowledged their connection, he will focus on him.

My absence won't be a problem from anyone. I'm okay with that. Catherine and Edward will be in good hands now that they're reunited with their real parents.

"Blades?"

I quickly wiped my tears and turned to face the owner of the voice.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Jude quickly held my both shoulders and lifts my chin to see my face.

The tears doesn't stop coming out from my eyes so I let it flow even if it's embarrassing to a stranger like Jude. 'Oh he's not a stranger anymore. He's a part of the team.'

"You can cry as long as you want. I'll be here." He lets me lean on his chest as he hugged me gently. I sobbed in his arms for a while until the sadness I feel will be released. "It's okay. You don't have to answer." He whispered in my ear.

Jude's arms were warm and comforting that makes me feel sleepy while letting the thoughts of loneliness subside. 'Does Jude wants thesame like I yearned? To live outside of the gates where you no longer have the need to kill anyone?'

*zzzz*

Mmmph... how long was the last time I had a goodnight sleep? I don't know but I'm feeling it again right now. I always had a good night sleep everytime I was inside of someone's arms.

!!!

I'm- I'm with someone right now?! Who is it?! It's too dark! I couldn't see him.

Wait, the last person I was with was Jude! Oh no! Please don't tell me that this person's Jude!

My heart skips a beat in fear of sleeping with someone that might cause a ruckus when the morning comes. I slowly and gently pulled myself away from him until I finally got separated from his grasp.

!!!

What the hell?! Who is this?! The person that was next to me suddenly pulled me and clasped it's arms and legs to my body. I knew it was one of our men because it could be taller than Bonny.

*sniff

I tried to recognize it's scent but my nose were too clogged caused by the cold and the crying I did that night. My body slowly moves again trying to release itself from being restrained but his clasp is too tight.

'Shit! I couldn't breathe!' He's probably sleeping tight that if I try loosening him up, he wouldn't mind.

'Okay, first is his arms.' I used my skilled fingers to remove his arms from being clasped.

'Ffffuuu***'

I did it but he returned it back! 'How can I get out?! Let's do it again!' I repeated how I loosened his arms until I successfully escaped.

It's really cold! Brrr! Let's start the campfire and better sleep beside it than being found in someone's arms. If that happens, I would die in embarrassment.