25. Broken Arrows

*phew!*

Gladly Jasper's fine. Did I heard it right? Prime called him 'Apollo?' Why? Well I'm just new here. I don't know much about what happened while I wasn't around. I heard the Barblood soldiers talking about him. They said that he's infatuated with Blades when Blades showed up in his town.

Maybe cupid's arrow has been broken when cupid tried to shoot Blades. Poor Jasper. If only cupid did thesame and mine is the other one, he would not feel alone... or broken.

*Sigh*

It took us half an hour to reach our destination. Our clothes are already dried up and it felt lighter and lighter. We saw smoke close to us and we observed if anyone is near.

Our steps were undetected because of the natural noises you can hear in the jungle.

"Please, they're still my people. Let's leave them and continue our journey." I set aside Blades' gun and plead to her eyes. Everyone knew it wasn't thesame as before. They're no longer the people my family trusted but "I don't want to rule with nothing to rule anymore. Let's proceed."

Blades nodded and signaled Apollo, Edward and Prime to back out. They might have realized too that this attack is pointless. It was really pointless.

We got our things and changed our clothes. Our journey goes on and ended at the Arcane gates. The place of my real identity.

'Jude. I'm coming.' We carefully got out of the crates and hide in the dark. As usual, the market is always busy. I lead them to climb at the houses until we reached the roof.

*creek*

"Shshsh!"

The boy and the men's weight makes noises with the rusty roof.

"Blades, help Prime to carefully walk on these kind of roofs. Let's take them to the cemented ones. Edward, you're good." I took Jasper's arm sticking it to my waist while we balanced ourselves walking on the edges of the rusting roofs.

When we reached a concrete house, we looked down if it's a safe alley. Gladly it was dark when we reached the town. We climbed down as I glanced a fruit vendor with her crates full of guyabano and apples.

"Please wait me for a while. I need something to buy for the kids." I peeped at the vendor and one by one, I filled my bag with it. "Put this in your bags. I have to buy more." I left them again as I steal more from the crates. 'Ah! This is enough for now. I don't want her to notice.-'

My eyes nearly popped out when I saw Edward's doing thesame with me. He was also buying one but sneaked two in his bags. He bought three star apples which means he has stolen six of it all in all. I shook my head. He saw me and grins while passing over me like we're not together.

"How much did you spent for these?" Jasper frowned at me curiously. I gulped and tried my best to change the topic.

"We have to go. I want to see them right now." I pushed their backs to move on and they followed.

"Come on, Jasper. You knew that already." Prime smiled patting Jasper's shoulders while we're on our way.

'Huh?' Where's everyone? Jude and the kid? Where are they?'

"Bonny?" I hear Blades, asking me. "Are you okay?" She held my arms as I think deep where could they be. "I smell some smoke." She crinkled her nose and leads us to the source. Her nose is strong that she has lead us the right way.