35. New Haven

My hands violently shook before putting down the phone. The kids already knew what's happening. It's really happening and in a few hours, they could already have sent a chopper here to find me.

There's no turning back now. As expected, a loud noise of a helicopter was approaching. It's too late to escape. I went out to face them with dignity.

The helicopter landed infront of the headquarters and everyone including me were drawn to surround it. Keanu lead his men to cover me up. Most of them prepared for a fight but I stepped forward and held his shoulder.

"It's okay, I'll go in peace." I gave him a pat and he tearfully stood there where he's standing. I entered the helicopter and sit beside the window while I watched them down until they're out of sight.

 I entered the helicopter and sit beside the window while I watched them down until they're out of sight

Everyone mourns for my upcoming death. I failed Jessy but she's in good hands now. My dreams, wishes will just turn to ashes. There's no longer hope for me to build a family with Jersey. Yes, I already chose him but it will no longer happen.

Will Catherine and Edward shed tears if I'll be gone? Does Prime finds a woman who could replace me? Will the kids remember me if they grew up? Are they going to forget me now that Arcane and Barblood were united?

The job was all done but they couldn't honor me for what I've given them. The freedom has been easily given during my existence. Am I that cheap to be taken away?

They'll soon ignore my memory like I never existed. These soldiers guarding me were my former classmates whom I rescued in the mountains.

They don't know what's going to happen to me. They're just watching me with respect and admiration but it's going to be gone later on after they'll see me lying dead on the ground.

'God, please help me.' I crossed my fingers as I prayed for hope even if there's just a little drop left.

Everyone's going to rejoice while I am being punished. I prayed to God a long message of repentance before I die. We were never baptized or introduced to a church but I learned about this when I was aware of the god's presence. When I got out of the settlement, I was educated about religions and churches but my religion remained to be spiritual.

I was aware of the Ten Commandments yet I still killed because of my job. It's never going to be thesame again.

My belief of going to heaven was giving me hope to accept my coming death. God will be receiving me infront of his gates. I hope so.

We landed on the grounds of the mansion and the soldiers assisted me down just like when they received me from the village.