7. Edward Melee

It was the seventh of July, the rainy season when I came in this family. I never knew I was adopted but they gave me the right to know. They treated me like one of their own and they never gave a sign that Catherine and I are not their blood related family. They gave us the best they have but disciplined us the way they know.

Ate Czar never got jealous if we were prioritized by mom and dad. They always bring us new clothes and delicious foods. Sometimes, they forgot to massage Ate Czar but she never complains.

When mom and dad passed away, we thought she'd leave us to foster care or run away from responsibilities but she never wanted that to happen.

The Crimson couple arranged a meeting to bring the three of us in their mansion.

"No, we will never leave my parent's house. I can take care of them. I don't need your help." She turns her back and took us with her leaving the mansion, our only chance for a bright future.

When I saw Mr. Crimson's eyes, I feel the intensity that I know him. Do I really know him? I don't know. Mrs Crimson's sad smile looks familiar too. Maybe I just missed mom and dad.

"Czar!" I was just seven years old when the Barblood soldiers came searching for books mom and dad has stored. I tightly wrapped my favorite book inside my arms and all I could do is cry. "No! No! Get off!"

I punched the soldier's large hands while he is pulling the book from me. "Czar! Czar!" I cried for Czar but I know she's still on duty.

"What's going on?!" She stormed in the room and found me crying over the book.

"Ma'am, we are ordered to take all the books existed in this town." The soldier puts his hands on his back.

"Why?" Her exhausted face looks more stressed that she looks like she's sick.

"It's an order and we're not allowed to question it."

Czar fell silent. Her eyes looked at me with pity in her eyes. "Czar! No! No please!" I screamed but she hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"Edward, let's understand the rules. Do you want them to punish me?" She whispered and my eyes bloated in fear.

Ate Czar was always an excellent student, she never experienced any punishment and I will never allow her to be tortured just because of me.

She pulled the book from my hands slowly and gave it to the soldier. "Thank you, Blades. I'm sorry if these books will cause you such sadness."

Ate Czar shakes her head and held me in her arms. "Your just doing your job, Major Jon."

I really wonder what's inside the books that the Barblood wants to eradicate. I read the book with mom, dad, ate and Catherine but there's nothing wrong inside it but happy stories of kids with their families. I can compare the kids in the books with the kids in this settlement.

They play and play until they grow up while us, at a young age, were not allowed to play but exercise, train and study except that mom and dad hides us to play. We are not  allowed to play outside, we have hidden toys that only dad and mom made. What kind of childhood is this? Is this the reason why they rip those books away? The Barblood stole our childhood dreams and realities.

Ate did everything without breaking the rules. She lets us play while also practicing. Our toys were real, real knives, bows and arrows, axe and bolos until we realized it wasn't a game anymore. Her tricks was really smart and we had so much fun.