6. Catherine Spear

My name is Catherine Spear. Ever since I had the mind to think, I had always known that I was found in this house's doorstep and so were Edward. However, it didn't matter much to me so long as I was happy with the family I grew up with.

          Everything used to be perfect, happy, vibrant. I had the perfectly imperfect life. Even though I had to undergo those tests to polish my skills and survive, the broken bones, bruises and scars were worth it for mom and dad were there to take care of me, of Csarie and of Edward.

          They would be there for us and support us. Mom would heal our wounds while dad would try to make us forget the tortuous events of the trainings for the time-being that we're with them in our home.

          But then, life was not a fantasy where everything ended happily ever after. However, just like in fantasies, villains and wicked people existed in the real world.

          We were still too young to lose a father when the bomb was dropped in on us. Dad died just after he succeeded on a mission he was given. They didn't give any more details than that. But realizing that the world was just simply cruel, I couldn't change it at all.

           And then, mom followed not too long after. When I used to think of it, I would wonder if she had an ailment or something that she had never told us of about.

          But when I think of the fact that she was really really healthy and rarely got sick, it made me doubt that it was a mere illness that had taken her away from us. The possibility of her being poisoned was there, but what I wanted to know was who did it. Ate Czar will just close her eyes and hold our hands.

         After our parents died, I saw Ate Csarie's struggles to keep us alive. Even though she would try her best to look okay when she's talking with us with that bright smile on her face, I have seen many things to believe a wavering smile easily. I often caught her crying in the altar where she lits candles and a statue of Jesus with the pictures of mom and dad.

         Life was tough on us but one day, delicious food was left on our doorstep for us to eat and since then, we always received those gifts

         Life was tough on us but one day, delicious food was left on our doorstep for us to eat and since then, we always received those gifts. We don't know who was delivering them or who was the one who was kind enough to think of us but we could only be grateful enough.

           When we started training in the school, I noticed a very pretty woman. Her name was teacher Mj, one of our seniors and Ate Csarie's too.

         I don't know why but I felt a connection with her, like she was someone I knew or something like that but I couldn't quite figure it out. However, I was glad when I was able to catch her attention.

        She would give me gifts. I noticed that. Many people tell me that I'm quite clever but that wasn't really the case. I was simply observative and I can link things out---if cleverness is the term that I wouldn't argue anymore.