10. The Outside World

"Brazen?"

I turned my head to the door and saw Jasper leaning on it. He has worn his clothes already but still used an untied red robe on top of it.

"This room will be yours if you want to." He smiled and walks slowly towards me. "Do you still plan on leaving us here?" He glanced at Jessy who's already sleeping.

"Yes. I have to face my family and the Barblood community. I want to know what's happening and who planned to assasinate the family I worked for." I bit my lip and wiped Jessy's sweat.

"Will you stay here with us after you're done?" I gaped at him and our eyes locked. I never thought of living in this place forever but if I can afford to think about it, I will choose this more than any of the places from the outside world. If only my siblings would be with me.

"Huh?"

Jasper is already holding my palm before I noticed. He's now close to me and I can feel his warm breath on my face. I can do nothing but to lean my face on his chest. I'm too short that his chest is the only surface I can rest on.

"You will be safe here with your loved ones for the rest of your life. There's no more pain you can feel in here." The whisper of his is so calming that I breathed deep and thoughts run in my mind. Jasper is so kind and now, I have to tell him everything. Everything he has to know. About me, Edward, Catherine, the Barblood and Jessy.

We didn't sleep that night and all we did is telling stories about each other. He heard my long and pathetic story from top to bottom. He's a good listener and very much interested about my trainings especially from the battle in the mountains. He was intimidated about Jersey because he seemed to be too close and caring about me. I just smiled and bowed my head.

Jersey is one of the most important person in my life. I treated him as my silent competitor but he never realized it. He never knew that I'm his rival. He was never aware of it. I have been unfair with him. If only he knew at the first place, maybe he left me dead during the battle.

He might haven't dressed my wounds, found me from the cliff, rescued me in the cave and helped me in my sleep if Edward's too tired from the training. He even continued celebrating his birthday party with me and my siblings.

***

"Blades? Czar? Wake up."

"Huh?" I opened my eyes and saw Jersey face to face.

"We're here, in the settlement. Can you walk?"

Before he heard my answer, he lifted me off from the helicopter.

"Goodness gracious! Czar, are you alright?" I heard Jen's voice and she rushed to us. I looked around and the sun is already shining brightly. We're infront of the mansion and they're all watching us.

"She's still in shock. Let us walk out of here. She needs medication."

I covered my face while he carried me inside of the mansion.

"I thought you called for help. Luckily the Arcane brought a helicopter." Jersey's voice was strained and worried while carrying me inside.

"I'm sorry, brother. Doctor Mimi, she needs your aid. Please take care of her. Jersey, I'll wait for you outside." I heard Jen's footsteps starting to leave while Jersey's putting me down the bed.

"No, we will talk here. I want to watch over her." They continue to argue and if only I can talk, I want to tell them to stop.

"Hays, alright!" Jen surrenders into his persistence.

My back touched the bed and I saw Doctor Mimi holding her kits. She ripped my clothes and cleansed my wounds while hearing the siblings talking.

"We encountered some Arcanes while we were escaping. It wasn't that easy to fight in the dark but we still managed to win. Kristine interrogated them but they didn't want to talk so we killed them and continued running. There's still a lot of them who slowed us down. We got injured and it worsened our travel to reach the settlement. Luckily, Uncle Alfon was on his way to the settlement and he let us in his car and quickly brought us here." The two of them started to assist the doctor during the conversation.