12. Deep from the Past

"Is this all you have?" I walked towards the table where they put all of their weapons. "Knives, bow and arrows, bolo, spear, scythe, sickle and chains, samurai, axe, and what's this?" I held up a long double blade which I never have seen.

"That's a sword ma'am." A volunteer stepped forward and held the sword from me. "I'm Keanu, the only person who is good at this. My father has been a great swordsman during the reign of Jasper's father. It is used like this." He showed me how to use it and I thought of different exhibitions better than what he has shown.

" He showed me how to use it and I thought of different exhibitions better than what he has shown

"Alright, so most of you are using weapons. Our lesson on the following week will be learning to use some common objects you can find around to protect you. Example is a rock, a pen, a spoon, an umbrella and your jacket. They all seemed interested and couldn't wait to learn more.

***

One year is over. Our vacation has ended and we started training a different way. We were taught some skills we couldn't learn inside the settlement. Makeups, dress ups, proper ways of eating and handling meal utensils, liquors, dancing and proper postures and many more. These are all important so we could easily blend with our targets.

Jersey's sisters sometimes visit us bringing one of my siblings separately. I am very greatful to receive such kindess that fattens my heart everytime I get a chance with them.

"Hey," I pulled the two to have a private conversation with them. "I know you both like to live here in the outside world but you don't have to."

"Why?" Edward asked.

"It's far more dangerous here than in the settlement."

"It's just thesame Ate. After we graduate we will still get out to carry our mission but return home at night." Catherine exclaimed. I just put my palm on my face after realizing that. It's painful for me to think that my siblings will never stop growing up. All I wanted is to keep them safe without the wars in this world.

'What should I do to get them into living a normal life?'

I remembered how Marky's partner died in their first mission. He was burned alive after he was caught targeting a big time businessman. Unlike Jersey and I, we haven't yet had our first mission. We were still in training as elite members.

A news came to me one time during our training in swimming, one of our seniors succeeded to shoot our country's president who has been planning of dropping a bomb in Visayas region. I don't know anymore details. I hope my batch mates who will be as good as our seniors after they graduated.

The Barblood has been continuously successful for over the years and only few has failed. Everyone expected us to be better but I know their attention will be more on Jersey, the Prime, and I will be just his shadow.

"Czar? Are you ready for our first mission?" I looked at Jersey after reading the files in my hand.

"I'm nervous." I put down the files on the table and sit down on the chair.