5. My Legacy

'Huh!'

I'm back to the present again. The sun begins to peek from the gaps on the walls so I stood up immediately to take a bath. "Jessy, I'll be back." I whispered to her sleeping face and wake Amaya. 'Where's Amaya?' I look around but she's nowhere to be found. The door is not locked so she might have gone outside bathing herself.

The bathroom's light is on so I waited for her to finish.

We went to the headquarters as early as we can and begin working.

"How's your baby?" Aunt Grazilda suddenly appeared in the kitchen holding the kitchen utensils.

"She's fine. I hope Jasper will allow us to go home everynight." I gathered the spices and vegetables on the table to be cooked for breakfast.

"I hope for you too. Being not around your kid is really hard." I saw her concern and we had our coffee with the other workers before we start.

After we cooked and served everything, I observed Jasper watching his men eat. He made sure that they are all full before he takes his but there's nothing food left. He looks fine with it before he stands up to leave.

"Sir Jasper." I approached him before he's gone. He looks me in the eyes with a question.  I grabbed his palm and lead him quickly to the kitchen. "Sit down. You haven't eaten anything so I saved my food for you." I left him immediately before he could hesitate.

The day in the headquarters is quick. We are always busy that we didn't notice the time.

"Jasper, I know that we have rules and we have to follow-"

"Are you here again to bargain?" He quickly found out my motive and I nod at him

"Are you here again to bargain?" He quickly found out my motive and I nod at him. "Is it the reason why you gave your food to me?" I looked at him surprised by his accusation.

"No." I shook my head. "I didn't do that in purpose. I didn't plan that to happen. Even if I wouldn't ask this to you, I will still offer my food."

He raised his single eyebrow. "Even if it's not me?"

"Of course. I don't eat much so I prefer to give it to those who needs it." I smiled at him hard that my cheeks is hurting.

Jasper patted my shoulders while passing over me. "You don't have to try that hard." I turned to see his back and his head shakes. "You're my favorite since you came here. Your food tastes good, you're a good nurse and also a great fighter. It's pretty confusing which one should I choose so I can allow you to do what you want."

"What do you mean?" I asked him and he turns to face me.

"I can see how good you are as a mother and judging how you took care of me including your delicious food, you could be a great wife too. If you will accept my proposal for you to be my wife, your daughter will have a chance to grow in a nice and complete family." He walks away towards the window and watched the bright sky with no clouds. My mouth pursed in nervousness.