27. In the Arcane's Nest

Another day started. I woke up early to have my coffee. The chilly wind blows through my face and I tuck my jacket to protect myself from freezing. It's the start of December, it will get colder this month soon. Two weeks more and the holiday will be celebrated.

There will be christmas lights, lanterns, carols and a midnight feast in the twenty fourth. I felt like this will be my happiest Christmas celebration in my entire life. I'm no longer alone with Catherine and Edward. Though we used to celebrate with the Crimsons every Christmas eve, but this is going to be more special.

The mysteries about our identities were revealed, the Barblood became stronger, I met a lot of people, they became our allies and the most important for me is Jessy is safe.

'How are you, Jessy? I hope you're fine.' I played her single boot in my palm. I missed her so much. There's not a single day that she didn't cross my mind.

One more month to go and it's going to be a year since I was gone missing

One more month to go and it's going to be a year since I was gone missing. There was a lot of good things that happened during my escape. I met Jasper and now, I know now why he thinks why he knew a lot about me. It's not my life that I am talking about but it's the connection my mom and his dad had in the past.

Maybe we're destined to be friends. I had feelings with him but I had been avoiding it because it wasn't right. It's not fair with Jersey. I couldn't give myself for two people. He deserves Bonny. I thought at first but when I met Jude, it's not as easy how it looked like.

Well, anyway I planned on getting inside of the Arcane mansion. I'll let Jasper replace me. I haven't yet tried a mission inside of buildings. It's time for a change. I used to choose missions which are more in the forests and mountains. Now is the time to try something different.

My presence might be a great help with Prime and Jude. I'll get inside with them trying to familiarize the place and the people. I want to explore the deep secrets the mansion hides.

"Blades."

"Hmm?" I turned around and saw Jasper coming to join me. He took a cup of coffee and sits on the log where I'm sitting.

"Did you slept well? It's still early." He checked out his watch to look at the time. "It's five thirty in the morning. Why don't you take a rest more. I'll wake you soon."

"I don't feel sleepy anymore." I removed my jacket and placed it on my lap. My body was warmed too much that I can feel my sweat flowing on my back. Thanks to the coffee, I don't feel much cold anymore.

"Are you thinking about Jessy again?" He stares at me with a worried look.

I nod my head and smiled a bit to him. "I hope she's fine. The people in your village are good and caring people. A baby has a place to stay in there. Unlike in here or in the Barblood, she wasn't safe."

"Blades, if you need someone to talk to, I'm just right here. My shoulders are strong for you to lean on." He smiles and pulled my head to hug inside his arms. I can hear the beating of his heart. It was loud and clear. His warmth is transferring to my skin that I was sweating even more.