~ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ ~ ❇

-- /Evan's p.o.v/ --

"I'm sorry to have... to say this... but... you have bone cancer." He says, leaving.

I look at Katie the same time she looks at me... Tears start to roll down her face,

"Will -you d-i-e -fr-om thi-s?" she asks...

"I don't know?" I tell her, as tears start to roll down my face to... I can't die, I have to live... There has to be something we can do...

"-You -can't leave -m-e, -we just go-t -mar-ried!" She cries in my chest...

"Hey Hey I would never leave you," I said, wrapping my arms around her.

"-I love -you." She says, kissing me I break away and say...

"I love you too, hey we can schedule another appointment and see there's anything that we can do." She nods, as we walk out hand and hand and make an appointment for surprisingly tomorrow they have open.

-- /Devin's p.o.v/ --

I don't know what to do... I sneak up behind Jim and kick him he falls down. I pull Victoria into the living room and call the cops.
Just then the cops come in...

"I'm so sorry," I said, hugging her

"It's ok, I would have done that too." She said, giving a small smile.

"Are we good?" I asked, with lots of hope.

"Yeah," she says and then kisses me and I kiss back...

-- /The Next Day/ --
-- /Katie's p.o.v/ --

I'm so devastated that Evan has bone cancer... we are... should be living happily ever after. If he dies I might as well die... We have been together for 5 years and not even married for 9 months!

We walk into the doctor's office hand in hand. Evan lays down on the bed. I sit on the bench and fall asleep with my head resting on my knees.

About ten minutes later, someone comes in and says the most exciting words ever. "Good news, you have no bone cancer, the doctor must have mixed things up with the results." The doctor tells us as I wake up to Evan looking at me.

I cry tears of joy, I hug Evan and he hugs back right away.

"I will leave the two of you alone," The doctor says.

"Thanks." We both say and then we both laugh.

"I'm so glad your ok babe! I don't know what I would do if you were gone." I said while hugging him.

"Hey, I would never leave you," I said, taking her hands in mine. "I love you."

"I love you too. Let's go home." She said, interlocking our fingers.

We walk to the car hand in hand, we also hold hand's in the car. I'm afraid to let go... Still...

When we get home I collapsed on the couch, all my worries are gone... Or so I thought... We sit in each other's arms for awhile watching This Is Us... Until... A breaking news report comes on the TV,

"Breaking news... Mrs. Ursula Brooks has just broken out of jail, please if you see this person call the cops she is very dangerous... Thank You! "Evan drops the remote, in shock.

"No, not now this can't be happening!" He said, starting to cry into his knees.

"Baby what is it?... Just a random person." I said, trying to comfort him.

"That's my mom." He mumbled, looking away.

"But you told me that she would be in jail forever and your dads is dead," I said, scooting away from him.

What other secrets was he keeping?

"True, but she escaped." He said, fiddling with his fingers.

"What did she do?" I asked confused, he had never told me this.

"Um... Uh..." He starts, but I cut in.

"Why can't you just tell me?" I asked, not mad but sad... That he never told me this.

"I never told you this but... When I was little before I met you... she... uh... was abusing me and my brothers." He mumbles, looking away.

"Oh my god!" I hug him, that's why he has all those scars. I thought he just got them from something else.

"She's probably going to me or one of my brothers." He said, sitting up on high alert.

"When did she go to jail?" I asked, wanting to know more.

"When I was 12." He said, finally looking at me. I could see the tears in his eyes... As I kissed his cheek.

"I met you three years after that... How could you not tell-" I started, only to be cut off by a knock at the door...