The Locked Box Of Dark-Secrets

The Locked Box Of Dark Secrets

  ~THE HEARTBREAKER (Damien Black)~

Witnessing the look in her gorgeous amber eyes triggered something inside of me, something I'd prefer to keep locked up inside that box from my past. Like the rest of every bad or horrible thing I've done or seen.

Hints of these feelings have found there way into my head a collective amount of times without fleeting when I wanted them to. It's all because of her. Ever since she came into the picture a week ago showing that strong personality of hers all I wanted to do was dominate it. Overcome it. Send that trouble-making image to shame by making her do as I said obediently. 

That's not the mind-set of a teacher though. Yes, we as teachers want her to listen to us, to not disobey, and to behave at all times. Those are common thoughts and mind-sets for 'normal' educators in this town. Me on the other hand, I'm different. 

Not only did I want the same things as other normal teachers, I wanted much, much more. Total. And utter. Control.

Drinking my fifth beer wasn't going to help these thoughts and images in my head either. Actually the opposite effect happened and worsened them. This is what Alex used to call an un-smart choice. Shit. I'm thinking about her now. Time to go to bed before the lock on the box jingles free, which I'm never allowing even if it kills me. 

*****

There is only one word that could define all these disgusted nauseated feelings inside me. 

Hangover. 

The fact that there is school too makes me feel even shittier since the last thing on earth I want to do is teach with a murderous headache. Calling in wasn't going to happen either since I'm saving those days for personal reasons. 

Shitty move Damien, shitty fucking move. 

Getting up out of my bed was a hassle, especially once I saw my reflection on the large mirror across me. Damn do I look like a piece of road-kill or what? A short-and-dry chuckle came out of me. After standing up I walked into the bathroom to get myself all as most of my dates say "Dolled up" which doesn't go for a man but I'm using it anyways.

*****

I'm late just great—hey that rhymed. Well back to the point this is exactly what was needed for my day, being late and having to lie about something that made it happen. When I stopped at a red light, I grabbed my phone to call the school.

The phone rang three times then someone picked up "Hello?" 

"Jennifer, hey it's me Damien." Good Jennifer always believes my bullshit excuses "I'm going to be late today by like ten minutes."

She paused for a second "What happened?"

"I've got a dog who desperately needed to use the bathroom." 

From the tone of her voice it sounded like she was smiling "Okay, I'll send Mrs. Clark to your class until you arrive."

 "Thanks Jen."

"No problem Damien."

*****

 Arriving in my classroom once I finished checking in, Mrs. Clark gave me the warmest smile which is the creepiest thing I've ever seen. Women who are angelic and happy all the time are fake to not only us but themselves. Never have I ever asked a woman who was happy all the time on a date it creeps me out to a huge extent.