Announcements And Confessions

* One Month Later *

Two words I've been dreading for the past four weeks.

Summer School 

Don't these people have any sympathy for me? I was held against my will in some psycho's house for three months of my life. Three! And now they want to place me in summer classes so that I can graduate, but I haven't even settled for a college yet. I've been to pre-occupied with other things to figure that stuff out.

Excuses, I know, but for years every time I thought about life outside of high school, my mind goes blank. There's nothing I want to do, nor can do, if they had jobs for girls who were titled troublemaker all their life then that sounds like something I'd want to do. However, I know more than anyone that such a thing doesn't exist.

The only perks to this is, my awesome and handsome boyfriend. Damien Black received his first entire summer off, however, chose to teach summer school because he didn't want me to be alone. Isn't he sweet? Since it's also near impossible to fail English unless you were cutting, or you primary language isn't English.

There's not a single soul in my English class, because I was placed with the goody-two-shoes! So instead of being bored out of my mind, reading stupid books, we just talk and make out a bit. 

Ever since the whole held against my will thing happened its been really hard for me to do anything with Damien. The poor mans waited for almost five months, I'm putting him through misery and I don't know what to do. It's not like I can erase Pierce from my mind in a second, the abuse I went through, and that dark room.

Even so, Damien's stood by my side without complaints. Whatever I thought he was before, doesn't compare to the man I know now. He's no playboy, he's no unfaithful jerk, and he really wants to be with me.

"...Earth to Roxanne." A hand waves in front of my face.

I smile. "Hey, Damien."

"What's going on with you? Your out of it today, did something happen?" He asked, concern seeping through his voice.

I shook my head. "No, I'm just grateful."

"Grateful?" He repeats, then continues. "Grateful about what?"

At his question, I stood up, then snaked my arms under his and hugged him. "I'm grateful that your mine."

Silence, then he wrapped him arms around me. "Where'd that come from?"

"No where." I respond, squeezing him tighter.

Damien sighed. "Roxanne, don't get me wrong when I say this, but can you please let go."

"What?" I hissed, releasing my arms from around him.

His averted from mine, suddenly I notice a hint of...guilt in his jade eyes. "Sorry, my self-control is on the verge of collapsing."

"You've waited for months and all of a sudden it's hard to control?" I ask, getting the feeling he gave me only half of the story. "Is there something you're not telling me—?"

Damien turned around, walked behind his desk, and sat down. "Baby, I'm just happy you're back and I'm grateful for you. Every single day I see you, see that smile, and the troublemaker inside of you not broken...I can't contain the relief and happiness."

"Damien..." I said, my eyes suddenly watery.

When the hell did I become such a wuss?—Ever since you realized you loved him. That makes total sense, I've never had such strong feelings for another man and never had such strong feelings towards me. No man has ever walked into my life other than my father, and...care for me so much that he'd not only spend night and day searching for me. But actually staying faithful throughout the whole thing.