Stress Kills

→ Damien Black

** 1 Month Later **

There's just something about seeing Roxanne sleep that eases me, comforts me. Lately she hasn't been sleeping in my bed, and that's because she's been keeping an eye on Louis----her father. 

Earlier this month Lou had a heart attack, the ambulance showed up, and it wasn't pretty. The whole family walked out of the house and although everyone was freaking out. There was only one person out of the bunch who was to pale to even express. Roxanne.

Luckily the heart attack wasn't serious—sadly it was caused by stress which no one would have guessed since he seemed so healthy. So like the worried daddy's girl she was, Roxanne has kept a close eye on Lou. Calls him, texts him, shoot...she even e-mails him. Which also meant our time spent together has shortened since she wanted to be home right as soon as he got there.

So why would I wake her up? I'd rather enjoy the time I spend with her even if she's asleep. That's all I need anyways, her wrapped around me, eyes closed and breathing even. The pure definition of peace.

However, that lasted about thirty-seconds more until her eyes opened and she had exhaustion written all over her. Even so, she managed to smile, a beautiful smile I must add. The kind that made me grin, because she was without a doubt my supernova.

"Why'd you wake up?" I whispered, snuggling her into my arms.

Roxanne got comfortable and leaned her head into my chest. "Someone was being a creep, staring at me while I was asleep. So I woke up before the big bad wolf could attack me."

"Attack? Never, when little red's asleep we let her sleep, it's when she's awake we find her the most tastiest." The expression on her face made me chuckle, wryly of course.

She got off me then stretched. "How long was I out?"

"Two hours."

Her eyes widened. "T-Two! Dad should be home now he's going to worry—"

"Taken care of," I said, grabbing her arm before she could escape. "Called him and said you had to finish a test for my class."

Relief flew into her eyes, then she relaxed. "Could've told me that in the first place Damien."

"If you didn't try running away, I'm sure I would have been able to tell you baby." 

Roxanne huffed, blowing the loose strands from her face. Today, for the first time ever, Roxanne had her hair up into a ponytail and just as I expected she looks just as amazing. Her amber eyes stand out, and the smile she has is even brighter. 

She got up off the bed, and slipped into her boots preparing to leave. This didn't make me happy, but Roxanne needed to do this because her father is the only parent she's got. I have no right to butt in, I'd do the same if it happened to my mom...maybe even more. 

Luckily my mom has always been strong enough to deal with that, and she's over the top healthy.

"D-Damien." She said, staring at her phone. "You wanna' come over? Dad says he'd like you to visit."

Me visit? "What?"

"He just texted me to tell you if you'd like to join us for dinner."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Sure, as long as he's okay with it, I don't mind one bit."