Unexpected Assistance

- Damien Black - 

*A Few Days Later* 

Today I've decided that a coffee was much needed, but not the regular crap from the local Dunkin Donuts but from a real coffee shop. Even though it was thirty minutes from my house, and I had to wake up an hour earlier; it would be worth it. 

As I entered, I was greeted with a large smile from the cashier. She was hot too, long dark hair, almond colored eyes and a sweet body. My type written all over it, this was going to be bad.

"Good morning, how may I take your order today sir?" She asked, her voice sweet and kind.

I smiled, "Regular coffee, black, no cream or sugar."

"Nothing?"

I nodded. "Yes."

"Alright sir." She replied, smiling cheerfully at me.

I'd love to hear her call me sir in a different situation.

Fuck, what am I doing? I'm thinking about fucking the cashier while Roxanne is being held against her will somewhere. I'm truly a shitty boyfriend, I just need to grab this and leave, no more thoughts. 

It's been hard on me these past few months, I'm not cheater, and never will be. However, a man can only take so much until his breaking point. I used to be a player, a fucking heartbreaker, and yet I've lowered myself to jacking off. That's all I can do, it's not something I've had to, but for her I did. 

When we do find her I'm not sure I'll be able to comfort her before attacking her. 

The cashier smiled, and looked over me. "Hello, how may I take your order?"

"Mocha Frappe, extra whipped cream." A lady behind me said, her voice oddly familiar.

I turned my head, to see it was none other than the very person who ran out of Louis's house. It was Roxanne's mother, Veronica. Her hair was up in a ponytail, she had no make-up on, and she looked like shit. 

Our eyes met, and I opened my mouth and said. "Veronica?"

"Yes? That's me, who are you?"

Man she was cold, her eyes were like daggers. "I'm—I know your daughter Roxanne...and I'm Louis's neighbor."

"Well fuck me," She scoffed. "you're the boyfriend."

She knew, my eyebrows flew up. "Wait..."

"Yeah I know, Louis told me, he said you were also her educator." Her left eyebrow rose, she was judging me and not in a nice way.

I sighed.

This was going to be long.

Veronica and I sat down at a table next to the window, she was questioning me about our relationship. It was weird, I've never spoken to any of my girlfriends mothers like this. This lady wasn't your average, she went straight to the point and never beat around the bush. Which meant, I, also had to be the same or it'd look bad on my part.

We discussed the dynamics of our relationship.

Then she just came out and asked. "Have you had sex?"

"Pardon?"

She glared at me. "Cut the shit out Damien, you're a grown man, have you or have you not had sex?"

"Ms. Mandella, I'd appreciate it if you would not ask such personal questions." I stated, firmly. "What me and Roxanne do, has absolutely nothing to do with you."