A Sad Ending, But New Beginning

- Roxanne Grey -

*A Few Weeks Later*

I stared outside the window.

Damien's house right there in front of me, within my reach but I never felt farther. This is the first time a guy I've actually liked dumped me and not to sound like the cliche' teenage girl but I don't know how to cope with it. 

Dad and Veronica were more than happy at our separation and even cracked open one of dad's finest wines. Which was useless because he was the only one who drank it, while Veronica just sipped on Sparkling water. 

Well they've gotten what they wanted.

They also didn't waste their time refuting their claim against him about sexual assault against me. So in a few days after questioning, Damien will be free to go and I don't know what'll happen when I see him again.

Will I attack him?

Beg for him to take me back?

Cry?

None of those things, discluding attacking, sounds anything like me. I'm not the type of girl to beg a man to take her back, I'm the kind of girl who makes men beg for her to take them back. Crying either. I've cried out of anger and hurt, but never because some guy said let's break up.

That just isn't me.

Fuck Damien. He broke up with me for the stupidest reason, because he refuses to break another family up or ruin another. So fucking what? I'm willing to run away with him anywhere, for Christ's sake I love him! Me love a man. I've hated men for my entire life and only thought of them as sex partners.

Please I dated Jimmy! A man who doesn't want any commitment and cheated on me several times while we were so called dating. Not Damien though. He can get any girl and far more than Jimmy, but no. He chose me.

Damien gave up the life of a player to be with me, to fully give himself to me. I'll never find a guy like that. I always end up with good looking jerks who end up being my biggest mistake, Logan ring a bell? 

Not Damien though, he was the mistake I'd never regret. At first the relationship seemed like it wouldn't go anywhere given the fact that he's my teacher and all it really was, was a forbidden attraction. However, we went farther than I'd expected; he bought me expensive jewelry, opened up to me....confessed his love for me.

Suddenly I can't stop the tears flooding from my eyes.

Please God...Please give him back to me.

*****

I awoken the next day with swollen eyes and the loud music playing downstairs. "Happy" by Pharrel, really guys? My parents must have really hated me dating an older man or anyone who made me happy as a matter of fact.

Deciding it was time to finally leave my room, I walked down the stairs and smelled pancakes. My stomache growled, I haven't eaten much for the last few days and I'm starving.

Veronica was behind the stove, humming the song to herself while dad was reading the newspaper in the livingroom. All of a sudden both realize I'm here and stare at me.

"Well if it isn't my daughter." Dad said, his tone light. "Finally decided to leave your room I see."

I nodded my head. "I'm pretty sure you guys don't want a rotting corpse inside of the house, so I chose to slowly wither away somewhere else. Maybe the backyard—"