Heartbreak

- Roxanne Grey - 

There's a line no one should cross—even your family.

You can yell at me.

You can slap me.

You can ground me.

But you cannot under any circumstances, arrest my boyfriend! No matter how bad you want me home, no matter how disrespected you feel. To call the cops for some childish fued is fucking ridiculous. Damien will not only be sent to jail if they press charges, he will lose his job, and will be registered as a sex offender.

My Damien Black, will have such a gruesome title following him, this will ruin his life! 

"What the fuck!" I hissed at my so-called-parents, who were watching outside as the police car drove away with my boyfriend. 

Dad glared at me. "What'd you say young lady?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'll be happy to repeat myself to you, Louis." I scoffed, then walked towards the two and yelled. "What. The. Fuck!?"

Smack 

Veronica raised her hand at me, her eyes filled with tears—why the hell is she crying? At least her man is walking around freely without the worry of being a registered SEX OFFENDER!

"Fuck you Veronica, and you too Louis." I said, my cheek burning. "You guys got what you wanted, an unhappy daughter without her boyfriend, the only person who fucking CARED about me while you two were like bunnies in heat in your bedroom!"

Dad sighed. "You ungrateful child! I've provided nothing but attention to you since you were born. So much that I willingly moved to a town I'm not greatly fond of, just so you not only get an education but have a chance to leave all that bad stuff behind."

"When are you going to understand? You're not what I needed, I needed a mother." My gaze flew to Veronica's. "But after this, I'd rather not have any parents if this is what I'll end up with."

At that, I walked away from the two and into the place I called my home. The place where those two idiots have easy access to me and are able to control me—.

I cringed.

Control me.

When the context doesn't involve Damien, the thought to be controlled is disgusting. But nothing will compare to the disgust I feel from hearing that he was with another woman. I've not forgiven him yet, but in truth I do trust him, he did it for some illogical reason and it involved saving me. 

I've also realized that this has been eating him up, that as soon as he told me relief flew into those jade eyes of his. He didn't want to, but he felt he had to, and even though it hurts like a fucker. At least I'm safe and at home.

Once I entered my room, I slammed the door shut behind me and fell on to my bed.

After crying for an hour, I dozed off.

*****

"It's okay to tell me if he's hurt you." Detective Amy said, her voice soothing and calm. "He won't ever hurt you again."

I rolled my eyes. "What makes you so sure he hurt me? Do I look hurt?"

"Roxanne you don't understand the seriousness of this situation, a man who is supposed to be your educator has harmed you. A grown man who is about to be 26 years old, that's nine years older than you has touched you in an inappropriate way."