Stay

- Roxanne Grey - 

*1 Week Later* 

Am I a bad person?

The question I can't stop contemplating on as I continue to spend my days here with Bryon. I've left everything behind, my family and Damien, without saying anything. Not that anyone would worry about me right? I mean Damien dumped me and my parents are spending their time thinking of the baby.

So why is this terrible feeling bubbling up inside of me? I glance at the Bryon's home phone and an idea sprouts inside of me. Maybe if I tell them I'm okay I'll feel better and maybe can enjoy my life here. I am eighteen after all and that means I don't have to go home. 

After getting dressed and shrugging into a coat, one that Bryon had bought me due to the cold weather. Which I told him I would pay back for. I left the house, locked the door and ran downstairs. Then started traveling to a payphone that's not to far from here but not to close.

Twenty minutes had passed and I finally arrived at the payphone near the Mall. I pulled out a couple of coins and shoved them inside of the machine. Then dialed my parents phone number first. It rang twice.

"Hello?" My father answered, his tone stern.

I exhaled and spoke. "Don't ask any questions, all I wanted to do was tell you I'm alri—"

"Roxanne!?" He yelled over the phone, loud enough to make me wince. "Where the hell are you?!"

I bit my lip. "All you need to know is that I'm alright. Don't worry about me or look for me."

"I cannot express the grief you are putting us through."

I scoffed. "Forget about me. Focus on the kid okay?"

"Time to end this, tell me where you are—"

My nose began to sting. "Tell the little one I said, I loved them. Goodbye dad."

"Rox—!"

Then I hung up and took deep breaths, composing myself for the next phone call I have to make. I'll call Chase and tell him, he's probably figured out my disappearance. The phone rang a few times.

"Chase speaking." He answered. 

I smiled. "Hey Chase."

"Roxanne?" He gasped. "Are you okay? Are you being held against your will, should I call the cops?"

It's nice to know Chase shows more concern than my parents. "I'm okay, I just wanted to call you and tell you to not worry about me. I've decided to take a temporary break from everything."

"Thank God." He sighs, relief flying out of him. "How long is temporary?"

I frowned. "I'll be back before you know it."

"That didn't answer—"

I gripped the phone. "Don't worry Chase, I'll talk to you soon okay? By the way, I need you to man up and ask Samantha out okay? My best friend has been gaga for you and you being gaga over me isn't helping anyone. Okay?"

"Okay." He says.

I grinned. "Goodbye."

"Bye Roxanne, be careful alright?"

It turned into the smile. "Bye."

After hanging up on Chase, the last person to call was next and suddenly it was hard to breath. I've yearned to hear his voice and him saying my name. For him to care. Which I doubt would happen since he's probably off with his next bimbo, he could never keep it in his pants. And now that I'm out of the way, there's nothing stopping him.