Steel

===(Authors Note)=== 

Although it's not much, hitting 90,000 reads is sort of huge for me! So I'd love to thank you all for reading so far and sticking with me. Really appreciate it because never in a million years would I think my writing was worth these amounts of reads. I love you guys! 

====(Thank you!)====

- Damien Black - 

As if my life wasn't difficult enough, Roxanne Grey has yet again vanished out of no where.

I don't know if I should be worried or angry. 

I'm praying that she was just angry with everything going on and just ran away somewhere—somewhere safe. Even after the break up, I still can't think about anything but Roxanne. It's been so long since I've seen her beautiful smile, stroked her long hair, caressed her alabaster skin and stared into those captivating amber eyes. 

Fuck, what am I doing?

From the start of this relationship it seemed like nothing was going to change. It was a disaster, even so, it was a beautiful one. After falling for the troublemaker, I saw hope...hope that I could actually start something with her. Obviously a family was out of the question since I permanently took care of that.

Maybe this was the right thing to do, to leave her. Yeah both of us would be unhappy, but she can have a family and be with a normal and clean man. Two disastrous people couldn't work, I'd only be holding her back. A girl like her, no matter how much of a troublemaker she claims to be, isn't meant for the life that's entitled for her for being with me. 

So once I find her, once I know she's safe...

I'll permanently disappear from her. 

If I'm not around she'll move on and finally stray away from me. 

*****

"No offense Black but I'm not so happy seeing you again." Detective Martinez chuckles, pulling me in for a hug. "How have you been?"

I muster up a smile. "I've had better days, and no offense taken, in fact same goes for you."

Before responding, Detective Martinez looks over my shoulder into my house. 

"Boxes?" He observes. "You're not by any chance moving Black are you?"

My smile vanishes. "Please come in, I'd like to get this started."

"I'm a detective Black and I know when someones trying to distract me, but hey I'm not one to press on touchy subjects unless it involves a crime." Martinez says, walking inside.

Smart bastard. "Louis isn't coming?"

"I've already spoken to him, I'm pretty sure after he pressed such charges on you there would be bad blood between you two. Speaking of which did that happen to be true? And you don't have to lie, I have no intention on arresting you, plus she's three days from becoming eighteen right?"

I sighed. "Yeah, we were. At this point I really don't care, especially since we broke up."

"Ah, that might be a possible reason why she ran away, if she did." He cleared his throat. "So are you also running away?"