Wanting What You Can't Have

~THE HEARTBREAKER (Damien Black)~

I've got four beautiful words for you and those are—it's about damn time! I've finally taken what I, and the box wanted. Roxanne Grey. The only girl to ignite the imperishable flame built inside me waiting to be released. 

However, even though I've got the girl, I haven't claimed her completely. 

It's been exactly two days since she exposed those cruel marks placed on her beautiful alabaster-skin. Marks made some guy—who if I ever see, will never see the light of day once I'm done with him.

I've never been so angry in my life, even the fury I felt having to change my life because of my actions couldn't compare to how I felt looking at Roxanne...bruised.

Even though I've already told her that she's mine, it's not enough. Roxanne has been traumatized from all the abuse that fucker gave her. Last time I touched her, the day I claimed her, she screamed for fucking help as if I was about to—don't even want to think about it. That shit doesn't flow right with me, she's a strong-willed girl and some fucking asshole took that from her. 

Now she's at my house, on my couch watching Tv, in my protection—the only place where she should be. I've distanced myself away from her because my stupid-fucking-urges are kicking in. My mind's telling me one thing, but my fucking dick's telling me another. I want her but I can't have her...yet.

I'm impatient though and the more I struggle to control myself, the more I actually lose control. It's a horrible trait I picked up from my fucking dead-beat dad, that and being unable to be in a functional relationship with a woman. Oh, I almost forgot about the drinking habits. 

Lucky for me the traits my mom gave me outweigh his most of the time, one of my favorite traits I get from her is the dominance I exude. When I know what I want, I'll get it. Mom never took shit from anyone, she was always in command and when she wanted something she'll fucking get it. How'd she end up with a pushover-motherfucker like my dad is beyond me. 

"Uhm...D-Damien?" 

I walked inside the living-room, since I was in the kitchen "Yeah, baby?" 

Her amber-eyes skimmed my profile "Are you going to leave me alone in here?"

"Roxanne," This is getting bad real quick. "I can't be with you right now."

"Why not?" Her eyes widened. 

I paced over to the coffee table then sat down, in front of her. Knee's touching, dammit'. "I just...can't."

"Damien," Her hand landed on my knee-cap "I didn't agree to stay here in a house that is not mine, and you're not around."

My eye brows rose "So," I chuckled at her hidden motives. "what did you come here for then?"

When her eyes averted from mine I could see the intentions she had "T-To hang out with you..."

"Baby," This is to fun. "tell the truth."

Roxanne wrapped her arms nervously "Just go back to wherever you were."

"Listen," I said gently grabbing her jaw, so she can face me. "you're mine. That means what's on you're mind is also—mine. So baby, stop being timid and tell me what you expected to happen."

Although her ambers were still as beautiful as her, they were still lacking the key component that I wanted. 

The fire that used to burn so passionately, has died. There's no fight in them—in her.