19

My alarm goes off at it's scheduled time. I flip over snatching my phone off the charger. The pounding in my head exceeds to a level of great pain. I try breathing in through my nose, but it was blocked. The sight of my phone was blurry, so I just turn off my alarm and flip back again to rest a few more minutes.

"Rylee?" I hear my mom's voice echo. "Rylee, what are you still doing here?"

I open my eyes to the bright sun shining through the window. She walks up to my bed and touches my face.

"W-what time is it?" I ask, searching for my phone.

"It's eight, I'm about to leave for work." she tells me. "You feel hot. I can call in late, so I ca-"

"It's eight?" I sit up only to become dizzy and she tries to lay me down. "I-I missed workouts. Harry is going to be pissed."

"I'm sure Harry will understand." my mom frowns. "You should stay in bed and I'll call your school."

"You should go." I tell her. "I don't want you to be late."

She nods, pulling the blanket over me. "I'll make you some tea before I go."

"Mom, we can't afford for you t-"

"Yes, I am your mom." she interrupts. "I am the one who will deal with the money issues and I will be the one to always take care of my baby."

She leaves and I close my eyes for a few moments. Next thing, I wake up to knocking echoing through the house. My eyes land on a mug sitting on the side table. The knocking appears again and I sit up, gripping the mug. A box of pills sat next to it, so I quickly swallow two of them.

I shuffle out of my room to the door that made the knocks echo. I crack the door open to reveal Harry with a bag in his hands.

"I brought some soup." he smiles and I open the door wider about to question him. "Your mum called the school and she told them to inform me."

"And you got me soup?" I say, trying to hold back my blushing smile. "Shouldn't you be at school teaching?"

"It's lunch." he tells me and I frown. I didn't realize I slept for that long. "So are you going to let me in?"

I move aside to make a clear path for him. He walks in and we stand there awkwardly after I shut the door.

"I'm not hungry." I tell him. "I don't have the biggest appetite when I'm sick."

"I'll just put it away for you then."

"Thank you." I nod. "I-I'll be i- upstairs."

I slowly make my way upstairs to my room. I rub my aching head as I search for my phone somewhere in my bed. The shining of the screen catches my eye. I crawl into bed and scroll through the notifications. There were many messages from Monique, Harry, and Brennen. I text Monique then Harry walks in. He snatches the phone and looks through it.

"Wh-"

"You shouldn't be on your phone." he tells me. "We have a game in two days and I need you to get better."

"There are messages on there that I need to repl-"

"You don't have to read my messages." he says, setting my phone aside. "I sent some stuff that– it just doesn't need to be read."

"Now I'm really curious." I let out a small chuckle, reaching for the phone, but he grabs my arm. "Harry, if you set me up for a punishment, I'll understand."

"I did mention that, but I also might've thought you were avoiding me because of what happened last night." he mumbles, looking away. "I-I'm not that type of guy. I- whatever I texted you isn't something I'd ever do."

"Okay, you're just making me even more curious." I smile about to get the phone, but he pushes me back.

"You need to rest." he says, holding me down. Our eyes stay connected while our faces are inches away. He releases me and stands up straight. "I should head back to school."

I grab his hand before he leaves. "Wait, it's only eleven. You still have about forty minutes left."

"I came to bring you soup."

"Well, can you stay longer?" I ask, tugging on his arm. "Just until lunch is over."

"I don't think that'll be a good id-"

"Please Harry." I playfully pout. "It's getting a bit chilly," I let go of his hand to cross my arms.

Harry chuckles then kicks off his shoes. He climbs into my bed, getting under the covers with me. His arm drapes over me and he pulls me closer.

"Just until lunch is over." he says lowly, nuzzling his face into my neck.

I caress his cheek and he lightly squeezes me. This was very comforting to me. It made me forget I was even sick and had a piercing pain shooting through my head. The feeling of Harry's lips meet the skin on my neck.

"You'll get sick." I slightly push him away. "No kissing."

"I'll go take a shot of ginger after then." he jokes, kissing my jaw.

"Harr-"

He shushes me and kisses my lips. I smile into the kiss, embracing his face. He pulls away and I shift to rest my head on his chest. My eyes fall close as I listen to his heart beat. The sound of his breathing fills the air.