74

After a long night of talking with the girls, I arrive home late

After a long night of talking with the girls, I arrive home late. Alec waited for me to talk about Harry. He noticed I didn't want to talk about it at the moment and pushed the topic for tomorrow.

I enter my dark room and turn the lamp on. When I turn around, I jump and squeal at the sight of someone sitting on my bed. Harry sat there with his head down and his hands on his knees.

"H-harry, what are you doing here? How did you even get in?" I question, rushing over to lock my door.

"I told you to move your key." he spoke dryly then looks up at me with watery eyes. "Rylee, you should've just turned me in."

"What?" I tilt my head and frown. "W-why would you want that?"

"I–" he pauses, sucking in a breath. "I deserve to be in jail. My whole life had gone down hill because of my stupid decisions which costed me everything."

"No," I sit next to him, grabbing his hand. "I don't want you in jail. We can get past all of this because everyone is on your side."

"Rylee, they'll figure out that you lied." he sighs, looking up at the ceiling. "About what we had."

"Don't you think they'll drop it after they find out Leslie is a lying bitch?" I ask. "Then the town will assume she's just the crazy one and everything will be normal for you again."

"If it comes down to that, I'm not staying in this town." he shakes his head. "I'm moving to start new because no one will look at me the same anymore."

"What?" I squeeze his hand. "You can't do that. Wh-what does Caroline think about that?"

"She would be up to the idea." he shrugs. "She'll be too embarrassed to stay after this scandal."

"Y-you can't leave." I look at him, but he kept his head down. "The volleyball team just got their best coach. You can't let the girls down."

"That's just an idea, but I'm pretty sure they'll figure out about us." he says, intertwining our hands. "Or whatever we had."

"No Harry, I'm telling you." I argue. "Everybody on the team is going against Leslie. They're on your side and so am I."

"My every move is being watched. They are watching me and I bet they followed me here." he tells me. "Even if they didn't then I'll just turn myself in. I'll get arrested in private, we'll go to court and I'll probably be sent to jail for a little while."

"Please don't," I beg.

"No, I knew dating a student would bite me in the ass one day and now the consequence has come." he looks me in the eyes. "I just wanted to come and tell you myself before you found out by it floating around town."