42

A knock on my door wakes me up after little sleep. I turn over in the small bed to see my dad enter the room.

"Rylee, you're going to be late for workouts." he tells me, setting some empty boxes by the door. "If you hurry up, we can get you there on time."

I sit up, not speaking a word of how I kind of quit. I just nod, sliding out of my bed. He leaves and I dress into my workout clothes. I grab everything I needed and meet my dad waiting for me downstairs. We make it to my school on time like he said. He watches me the whole time I walk to the gym. I enter while the girls were getting ready to huddle. Monique makes her way up to me and grabs my stuff.

"You're going to be late." she tells me. "I'll take your stuff to the locker room."

"No it's okay," I say, keeping ahold of my bags. "Where is he? I need to talk to him."

"He's been in his office all morning. Why?"

I cough softly. "Yesterday, I kind of quit the team and I turned in my shirt. We hadn't really discussed it-"

"You quit!" she shrieks.

"Monique," I try shushing her. "I was just angry, I still want to be on the team. Which is why I need to go talk to him."

"Okay, well hurry up." she pushes me and I make my way down to his office.

I lightly knock on the door, pushing it open a bit. I peek through the crack to see him standing over his desk, looking through papers. A frown stayed on his face, so he didn't hear my knock.

"Hey," I say softly, walking into his office.

His head shoots up and his facial expression softens. "Rylee, I wasn't sure you'd be here today."

I set my bags on the couch, walking up to him. "Yeah, about yesterday-"

"A lot happened yesterday, sweetheart." he says, smirking down at the papers. I lean against his desk, blushing and glancing away. "What's up, babe?" he looks up at me with a dimpled smile.

"You know I didn't really want to quit, right?" I hesitantly question. "I was angry and later on we didn't really have time to discuss it."

Harry leans closer to me then sighs. "We would've if you hadn't just run off after using me."

I giggle softly, blushing like crazy. "Shut up, Harry. I had to get home before my dad."

"But yeah, I knew you didn't want to quit." he shrugs. "I was upset with myself for treating you like that. I don't ever want to be like that with you again."

"There'll be less fighting when we're thousands of miles away." I pout, looking down.

"We can have an argument every time we see each other then." he jokes, lifting my head up with a finger under my chin. He kisses me softly then pulls away. "We should head out for workouts."

"I'll be right there, I just need to bring my stuff to the locker room." I tell him, but he lets me keep my stuff in his office.

I follow him out to the gym and we start the workout with our regular stretches. Harry does his usual walk around, helping us position better. He makes it to me with a visible smirk.

"Good work, Eversteen. Keep it up." he winks, walking past me.

Of course I blush and Monique notices. She nudges me, wriggling her eyebrows.

"A story that needs to be told in private." I whisper and she gasps, looking amused already.

The workout goes through smoothly and we are dismissed. I head to Harry's office, so I can grab my things. I was about to exit, but Harry appears and pushes me back in.