64

The day started like normal

The day started like normal. I walked Presley through the park every day of this break. I got closer to the spot where I met a funny guy. I smile when I spot him sitting on the bench. He glances up and smiles back.

"Hello there," he greets with his Irish accent. "Oh and you too." he looks at me from Presley.

I sit next to him and lightly push him. "How was your day?"

"Another basic one," he sighs then it becomes quiet and we look out at the park where the children played. "So you're heading back east coast?"

I nod. "Tonight actually."

"Tonight?" he gasps. "It's so soon."

"Well, I was actually supposed to head back last week, but they cancelled my flight due to heavy snow." I laugh at his reaction. "Don't worry though because I'll be visiting my dad again during the summer." I tap his shoulder.

"I never thought a girl sitting alone in the park would turn out to be one of the best listeners." he reminisces.

"I never thought a boy walking alone in the park just wanted to talk." I smile. "But hey, you can always visit me whenever you visit your friends on the east coast."

"I actually will visit towards the end of January." he tells me. "Hopefully, we can all reconcile during the time I'm there."

"That's great, Niall. I hope you all do as well." My phone goes off and my dad flashes on the phone. "It's my dad," I sigh, standing up. "He's probably going to get on me for not finishing my packing."

Niall laughs and stands up to hug me. "Have a safe flight and try to make it back during the summer because there's so much more we can do."

-

"Someone is actually buying our house?" I ask my dad as we exited the plane.

"The realtor says there's an offer, but it's not 100 percent."

We waited on our bags at the baggage claim which took a while. Once we got out bags, we immediately left.

"Rylee!" I hear someone shout across the airport. I look around to see Monique jumping around next to Alec who looked very embarrassed. "Rylee over here!"

I run up to her and hug her tightly. "You actually came."

"I practically had to beg Alec." she laughs, playfully rolling her eyes. "Because I haven't seen you in three weeks! I was bored out of my mind."

"I fully regret bringing her." Alec steps in. "People are staring at us now."

"So let them stare." she glares at each person walking by. "I don't care because my best friend is home– and Presley." she bends down to the little cage my dad was holding.

"Come on," Alec rushes, grabbing my bags. "It's a long drive home and I have work early in the morning."

"He's been such a sourpuss the whole ride here." Monique whispers to me.