34

"Hey Ry," someone appears next to me as I exit the gym.

"Hey," I look down, not wanting to talk to him.

"I just wanted to apologize again about earlier." he sighs. "You're right, I have been acting like an asshole recently."

"Glad you agree." I simply say.

He stops me. "I'm going to ask you one last time-"

"Brennen, like I've said before, no." I say bluntly. "You and I, we are friends and that's it."

He nods. "Alright, okay."

Someone taps my shoulder as they walk by. "Ready to go?" Harry asks, heading toward the parking lot.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I say, following Harry to his car.

"I don't know who I don't trust being around you more." Harry says as I get into the car. "Zayn or that guy."

I buckle my belt, glancing up to see Brennen staring at us from the distance I left him.

"He's just upset over something, but he'll get over it." I tell him as he pulls out of the parking lot. "So where are we going?"

Harry bites his lip. "We can't really go anywhere around this town together."

"We can go to my house," I suggest. "My dad is working late tonight. He has to work harder for the money now." I say, ashamed of my runaway mother.

Harry reaches over and squeezes my hand. I look at him and he flashes a smile at me.

"Your house it is,"

He drives toward my house and when we get there, the house was dark. It was something I was used to, but it's actually scary if you think about it. Harry follows me in as I try to stop Presley from barking. He runs downstairs and stops his barking once he realizes it was me. I set my bags aside and Harry puts his next to mine.

"Do you want anything to drink?" I ask, heading for the kitchen.

He declines the offer, but I get myself a bottled water. Harry was sitting on the couch with the tv on when I exit the kitchen. He sat in the middle so I sit on the very end of the couch, shifting to face him. I stay quiet as we stare at each other which made me feel awkward.

"So," he starts. "Yesterday-"

"You kissed me." I state and he smirks. "Then you said you wanted to talk, but you ditched me."

"Alright," he chuckles. "Now I know not to cancel plans without notifying you."

"I'm just saying, a simple text wouldn't have hurt." I laugh out, making him laugh.

My laugh fades when he reaches forward to brush strands of my hair back. He glances at my eyes and I blush.

"I'd like to kiss you again." he says lowly, scooting closer.

My heart skips a beat when I feel him move in closer. His lips quickly meet mine and he pulls away. I open my eyes to see him grinning at me. I shift forward and kiss those pink lips of his. His hand snakes around my waist as the other went behind my neck. Our lips stay in sync for a few more minutes. I pull away for some air and he kisses my neck. I take this time to straddle his lap. His lips meet my collarbone and he lightly sucks on the skin.

"Harry," I moan in his ear.

He groans softly against my skin. "You know how much I love it when you say my name." he reminds me. "Especially like that."

I repeat his name and he smiles up at me. I kiss the corner of his lips, trailing down to his jaw. I shift a little and he becomes tense, digging his fingers into my sides. I try kissing him, but he turns away.