32

Ravalon was super busy tonight. Busier than usual. Most of the people here were tourists, passing through the town. It was halfway through my shift when Will walked in. I stop for a brief moment to say hi.

"Will, tonight is very busy."

"I can see that." he nods awkwardly stuffing his hands into his pocket.

"I thought I would get a break around this time, but-"

"Ry!" I hear another familiar voice. "Hey Ry, I really want to talk." Brennen bumps into Will and doesn't apologize.

"Brennen, I'm a bit busy." I sigh, gesturing the crowded restaurant. "Will this is Brennen and Brennen this is Will." I introduce the two then I was called to a table. "I'll be right back."

I rush to the table and solve the customers problem. The place was so crowded, it made me feel attacked. I spin around, spotting Monique walking through the doors.

"They called you in?" I ask right when I get to her. "Please tell me they called you in."

"Sorry hun, just getting my check." she tells me and I playfully cry.

"Monique, please work." I beg. "Look how busy it is and I'm dying." I pout to persuade her more.

"I'm not even dressed for work."

"I have an extra outfit in the back. Please Monique, for your best friend in the entire world, help us."

She sighs. "Fine, but you owe me big time. I'll go ask Austin."

I squeal from excitement, jumping to hug her. I pull away to see Brennen and Will in a heated conversation. They were arguing and Will seemed very upset.

"What's going on?"

"Rylee sorry, but I'm not going to deal with this." he waves me off. "I knew it was too good to be true. You don't actually want to be friends."

"What?" I frown, completely confused.

Will just walks out and I put my attention on Brennen. He just shrugs then Austin calls for me. He assigns a couple tables to Monique which was a weight lifted off my shoulders. I wander the place like I was headless.

"Excuse me waitress," someone calls me and I turn to see Brennen sitting at one of my tables.

"Brennen, what are you doing?"

"Well, you couldn't talk to me while I was just standing there, but you have to talk to a customer."

"You're being a little too needy right now and I don't see why you can't understand how busy I am." I snap.

"You had time for that Will guy." he argues. "Why are you hanging with him anyways? He's kind of a dork."

"I would be too if I wasn't in volleyball. He needs a friend-"

"Whatever," Brennen stands up. "Don't you think you have enough friends?"

"The only friend I have right now is Monique. I don't know what your deal is, but I can't-"

"We'll talk later than," he interrupts, rolling his eyes then leaves.

The night became slower when it got late. Monique had left as soon as it did. I was let out two hours after her and all I wanted to do was go home to sleep. I expected Harry to be outside waiting for me, but he was nowhere around. I sit on a bench outside of Ravalon, trying to get ahold of him. There was no answer or texts back. I was about to get up to walk home until someone honks there horn.