61

Not much has been said since I caught Monique walking in this morning

Not much has been said since I caught Monique walking in this morning. We sat on the bus on the way to the venue. I couldn't stop staring, wondering what she could had been doing.

"Stop." she says after peeking through the slit of her eyes. She keeps them shut, shifting in her seat.

"Stop what?"

"You're staring at me and it's weird."

I sit up straight, looking behind to see Harry distracted by a conversation with coach Payne.

"You came walking in at four in the morning." I remind her and she shushes me, sitting up as well to look around. "I'm sorry, but I'm just curious."

"It's nothing, Rylee, just drop it please." she begs.

"What happened to no secrets?"

"Okay, I promise that I might tell you when you come back from winter break." she teases. "Because I don't even think it'll last. He doesn't want anyone to find out."

"He? It was a guy?" I gasp. "I knew it!" I squeal then I jump, surprising myself.

Harry and coach Payne had confusion and amusement in their facial expression. Monique just laughs, going back to resting her eyes. We make it to the venue which was halfway full. Harry leads us to a big locker room and the girls were very impressed. This felt so unreal to actually be here. It doesn't feel like the final game.

"You have ten minutes to change. Meet your coach down the hall to the right when you exit." a lady instructs and we immediately get ready when she leaves.

I just take off my sweats, revealing my spandex. I kept the team jacket on then slid my knee pads on. Monique does the exact same, so we're the first to leave. We spot Harry down the hall, writing down on his clipboard. Girls from the other team pass him and eyes his body. He wore his joggers and a white t-shirt that showed off his tattoos under. Harry doesn't notice the girls flaunting by, twisting and turning to show their bodies. He looks up from the board and our eyes connect. That smile of his makes my heart flutter.

"Of course, my captains make it out first." he reaches to grip my shoulder and pulls me close to him. "Look at the layout and remember it."

He hands the clipboard to me and pulls Monique in, so she could see too. I was distracted by giggles and I spot some other girls looking our way, posing then they wave. I realized that Harry was waving back at them. He had that smirk that made him look even more gorgeous. I grab his wrist, forcing his hand down.

"Really?"

"What?" he shrugs. "I can't not wave back because it's rude."

"Coach, those girls are sending you sex eyes." Monique laughs. "It's rude to reciprocate in front of your girlfriend."

"What? Sex eyes? No, I wasn't reciprocating anything." he panics with wide eyes. "I promise I wasn't-"

"Harry, calm down." I laugh along with Monique.