46

The bell was about to ring to end first period. Then I look up to see Harry staring at me. I smile, giving a questioning look. He stands up from his desk, making his way through the class and helping other students with the work he passed out. He finally gets to me and smirks down at me.

"Rylee," he says lowly. "Do you get the work?"

"Well, I am having a problem with this one." I tell him, pointing at one of the questions.

He steps closer to get a better look at the problem. The warning bell rings and people start packing their bags.

"Stay a little while after class." he rests his hand on my shoulder before making an announcement to the class. The bell rings and they all rush out of the room. "So Rylee," Harry starts then pulls up a chair to my desk. "I was thinking we'd leave town this weekend after the game."

I smile, scrunching my nose. "How will I explain leaving town to my dad?"

"Just say you'll be at Monique's, you don't have to tell him exactly what you're doing." he suggests, trying to persuade me more. "C'mon I have a place about two hours away and we can actually go out for dinner or even a movie or both maybe, anything you want."

"Don't you think he'll be a little suspicious as to why I'm with Monique for the past weekends?"

Harry sighs, putting his hand on my arm. "Rylee, if you don't want to go then just tell me. I'm not going to get upset about it."

I shake my head, holding his hand. "No that's not it. I'd really like to be with you and spend all the time we have left, but I don't want my dad questioning me and his suspicion builds up to finding out about us."

Students start coming into his room and I quickly pull my hand away. He slightly backs away and coughs softly.

"We'll talk about this later." he says, standing up.

"Yeah but coach," I grab his arm, looking down at the paper. "I actually needed help with this."

Harry chuckles, patting my shoulder. "Meet me before practice and we'll work on it." he says as I stand up. He walks closer to me as I trail through his classroom. "Try talking to Monique too."

I just nod, exiting his classroom. I rush through the crowded hall to get to my next class. Thankfully it wasn't too far from his. I spot Monique sitting at our usual table and I greet her as I sit next to her.

"Hey, so this weekend-"

"Oh you heard about the party already?" she interrupts with a smile.

"A party? No I didn't I was-" I pause thinking about the last party. "Don't you remember what happened last time?"

"It was bad, but we don't have to drink. We're just going to celebrate if we win our last game before playoffs."

"And if we lose?"

"We use the party to brighten the mood." she shrugs. "Come on, Rylee. You have to go because we need to have fun while your still here."

"I-I can't." I decline and hesitated to ask. "I was hoping you'd be able to cover for me because Harry wants to leave town this weekend."

Monique rolls her eyes, leaning back in her chair. "Good for him,"

"He wants me to go." I tell her and she scoffs.

"I figured, Rylee."

"Monique, I'm just trying to spend enough time with him."