Chapter 12

Ky's P.O.V.

Since that day, Lauren and I had been texting non stop. Our conversations stretched from "good morning"s to 3am "good night"s. It'd been about five days and until then, all action had been through text. I decided I would pluck up courage and ask her out; I mean she had to say yes, right? She could decline the offer but, I mean, our relationship thus far had not just been a hundred percent friendly. The flirting became too obvious at times.

I thought and though about it all night, and I made my mind to ask her in the morning before school, hopefully she'd be awake by then. I heard the "ring" of my alarm clock go and I opened my eyes. My brother was still asleep so I got changed quietly. I got out my phone and texted her.

"Hey um, I know it's early in the morning but I was wondering... Would you like to go out with me tonight?" I types doubtfully and slowly. It was Friday so I could stay out late.

I turned to my brother, Andrew and woke him up.

"5 more minutes, please." He begged, but it was time for school.

"No, wake up and get changed." I said, but he put his pillow over his head. "I guess we'll do this the bad way." I warned him and started tickling him. He started moving and laughing but he finally got up. "Get dressed and come downstairs for breakfast." I ordered him and went downstairs, where mom waited for us.

I poured orange juice in a glass and prepared some toast for myself. I saw him come down half asleep and sit to eat his cereal. I got up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and then came back to the kitchen and waited for the school bus to arrive.

I got in, searched for that blonde head I was so used to seeing and when I spotted her, I went and sat by her side. She was wearing earphones so I took them off and she turned around in an annoyed and angry face until she saw me.

"What do you think you're doing?" She asked. I shrugged and she turned to face me completely. "So how have you been? We haven't talked since the show..."

"I'm as great as could be." I said speaking the truth, I was. "I saw Lauren again..."

"Really? Where?" She replied.

"At the park! We talked for hours, she actually even gave me her number..."

"No way." She said in shock.

"Yes way." I laughed. "As a matter of fact, after talking all week, I finally asked her out today." Her face suddenly turned numb.

"Ok, congrats." She said in an angry way, turned around and went back to her music. Had I said something wrong?

For the rest of the trip, she said nothing, which was weird, she usually is such a bubbly person and her not talking is very rare. Suddenly, I heard a notification and saw it was a text from Lauren.

"Sure! I'd love to! Where and when? :)" She had replied. I couldn't believe my eyes, she'd said yes!

"Be ready at 6, I'll pick you up and take you to one of the most gorgeous places I know. Can you send me your hotel address?" I replied with a sudden confidence. She sent me her location and said she was looking forward to it. I couldn't stop smiling, I probably looked like an idiot but I didn't care.

We finally got to school but Lily still kept her distance. What was up with her? I didn't even bother telling her Lauren had said yes.

I reached my class and sat down next to my friends. On noticing the huge smile on my face I'd gotten used to, my best friend Felix asked me the reason for it.

"Well, your boy has a date." I said and they all congratulated me.

"So who is she?"

"She's just the prettiest girl in the world." I said and smiled to them, earning a smile back.

The bell rang and it was time for History. As I was sitting down, I noticed Nate, who just like Lilly, was always talkative, hadn't said a word. My friendship with Nate was always weird now, but he seemed extremely strange today.

In my life, I've only been in one real relationship with a girl named Shay, which was two years ago. Shay and I had been going out for some months and we decided it was time to be official. So we did. All our friends were supportive about it, all of them except for Nate. This may sound cocky but he has always been jealous of me. I don't mean it like I'm better than him. I mean it in the sense that everything I do, he gets angry and wants to do better, just like it usually happens with younger siblings. So you could guess what happened. One day, it was time to leave school but I'd left something in the class, so I went to get it. When I entered the room, I found Nate and Shay making out by the wall. I saw red and went to him. I pushed him away from her and punched him in the face as hard as I could. His nose started bleeding but he didn't do anything. I left Shay right after that and I couldn't trust Nate anymore. Some months later, he came to me begging for me to forgive him, and I said I would try because we'd been friends for too long to give it up so easily, I truly believe in second chances. I've been struggling to do it ever since and I've told him our friendship was on the edge, and one action that made him not worth my trust again, would end it forever. So yeah, that's our story, basically.

And now he was so silent and mysterious, he had to be hiding something. Going back to the class, I must say, my History teacher is a freaking genius, he is the only teacher I've been listening to since the Cimorelli thing started. As for the rest of the day, I couldn't focus on anything other than my date tonight. I daydreamed all through the rest of mu classes like language and biology, among others. It wasn't all that bad because I had already seen most of the topics before on my own. Yeah, call me a geek but I just love reading. And I had done my projects in advance so I wouldn't have to stress about them later.

But then it was finally time to leave.