Chapter 25

Lauren's P.O.V.

"Hi, I'm Nate." The boy who just came out of the bushes said. That name sounded somewhat familiar.

Suddenly I remembered why it just rang a bell. Ky once told me about this guy named Nate. He never referred to him as his friend, because he was not. It was a long story. Long story short, Ky had a girlfriend, Nate got her to cheat with him, then Nate wanted to be friends with him again and Ky accepted but kept an eye out for him, meaning that he had to be careful and not do anything stupid, or he'd lose his trust. And, as far as I know, he's Lily's boyfriend. Just great. But sometimes I wonder why he wants to be Ky's friend so bad. I guess it is 'cause he is popular but oh well, guess I will never know.

Back to this guy, he scared the crap out of me. I jumped backwards in shock and screeched. I soon covered my mouth, since some people might be sleeping, as it was about 12 am (a time of the day where people like myself would be fast asleep in bed), and suffocated my scream. I didn't know how to react. To just answer and introduce myself or ignore him and run away. He was not a trust worthy person to me, after what Ky had told me. But wait, Ky wasn't a trust worthy person to me either now, so why not just as well try him out. I bet he would be boiling with anger if he saw me with Nate. That's it, I had made my decision.

"I'm Lauren." I said while I waved slowly.

"I know." He said and fake-laughed. He sounded like a jerk, to be honest, but I didn't care. "So, you're Ky's girlfriend, huh?" He asked. I didn't know whether to lie or not. I could tell him we were done or tell him I was. Suddenly, my mouth was faster than my brain.

"Yep, that's me. And you're Lily's boyfriend, right?" I now asked him. I was expecting a quick 'yes', but instead, he scratched the back of his head, lingered for a moment and then spoke.

"Ex boyfriend, actually." He replied. This left me confused. I thought they had a good and healthy relationship. I was not sure if it was because of today's 'incident' or if they'd broken up before that. "So, where's your little boyfriend?" He asked which was ironic, since Ky was at leas 8 inches taller than him, so he wasn't little next to him.

"Well, not here for sure." I sassed. He raised his eyebrows.

"Wow, sass queen..." He said as he trailed off. Suddenly I saw one of his hands come out of his pockets and slowly getting closer to me. "So you say, Lauren, you're alone here, without Ky, I see..." His hand got closer to my leg and he put it on top of it. He slowly kept going upwards, and lifted my dress a centimeter for a fraction of second when I slapped his hand and kicked him in the crotch.

He laid on the sidewalk, screaming in pain. I gasped and ran away as fast as I could, panicking and leaving him there. My instincts told me to run. My legs moved faster than they ever had. I was like a bullet, speeding through the streets. When I stopped to catch my breath, I looked up to realize I'd got to the park.

This was the place where our date had taken place. I looked to my left and saw the spot where we had sat down together and he'd played for me. I looked up and could see Mount Eden in the distance.

That place brought back all the memories from these past weeks. Ky's confession of his attraction to me. My first kiss, the beginning of our thing. That place was like an Eden Garden for me: the place where it all took place, where it all began. I felt my eyes getting wet and my vision getting blurry. I sat down by a tree. The first tears blurted out of my eyes and down my cheeks. I had tried to contain the tears every time I wanted to cry, sometimes I failed, but I could stop quickly. This time, I felt like if I started, I wouldn't be able to stop, which is what happened, actually. Tears started streaming down my face uncontrollably, as if all the water inside of me for these 18 years had finally decided to come out and make an appearance.