Chapter 24

Lauren's P.O.V.

I started running, trying to get away from him. I really had thought he was different from what all my friends had said boyfriends were. I guess not. How could he do this to me? One day, he tells me he likes me and he just wants to be with me, and the following day he is kissing his best friend, when he had told me to go meet him there. What kind of cold-hearted, stupid, idiotic jerk does that? Oh wait, I know! Him.

And I really thought it was love.

Tears were streaming down my face, pouring out of my eyes. This had been the biggest mistake I had ever made. Falling for him was the silliest, most childish and immature thing I'd ever done. I really thought I could get to know him in a such a short time. Now I'm seeing this new side to him, and I don't like it, at all.

I ran and ran, but he was faster. He took ahold of my wrist and I tried to free myself, but he was also stronger, a lot stronger. I wonder how much he works out... Lauren stop! Why am I thinking this? I'm mad at him!

"Let me go!" I yelled at him.

"Let me explain!" He yelled back.

"Explain what? That you're a disgusting pig with no feelings? I know that by now." I said and freed myself from his hands. I turned and ran. Nothing could stop me now, since he just stood there, watching me, letting me go. I was somewhat somehow disappointed. Why didn't he fight for me? Wait, what? No, I need him to let me go, forever. I want to go home and leave this place, never come back and never see him again.

I kept running for three blocks until I got to my hotel. I stood outside the door for a second, catching my breath and rubbing my tears away from my face. I would never let my sisters know, especially Christina: she would break him in half, and for some reason, I didn't want that. I guess I still cared in some way.

Maybe I was a little too harsh on him. I didn't give him time to explain. What if it had been her, not him. That bitch, how could she kiss him if she knows he's with me? Why would she do that? Woah woah woah, Lauren, you're already admitting you think it was her, when it clearly was him. Stop, focus. It was him. He's an insensitive douche, who only cares about himself. He could've thought about how this was going to hit me and hurt me. What if he'd only told me to meet him there for me to see them kissing, so he could break my heart in a smooth but painful way, without actually saying those five words. I'm breaking up with you. I guess that would've hurt less, though. What a coward.

I finished making myself look okay, faked a smile and got in. I entered the elevator, pressed my floor, the doors closed and in a matter of seconds, the doors opened again. I pulled my keys out and opened the hotel room door. I slowly got in and, strangely, no one came to ask me questions or reprimand me. I lazily walked to my room and threw my things on the empty bed.

"Ouch!" I heard someone groan. That same someone threw the covers aside, revealing Dani below them. Wow, she's really discrete. "Lauren, only you woke up at 7am, some people keep sleeping under the covers! You don't just throw your things over me!" She added, as if she were looking for an aggressive answer, it seemed like she was looking for an argument.

"Sorry, didn't see you there." I said numbly, staring at an empty spot in the room. "I'll be careful next time." I added, the same way as I had said my previous sentence.

"Lauren, is everything okay?" She asked. Wow, was I that obvious? I nodded my head. "C'mon, Lauren! I cant tell something is wrong! Plus, your eye make up is a little, um, on your cheeks." Damn it, I had either cried a bit more or I had moved it when I tried to rub my tears. "So are you gonna tell me or...?"