Chapter 28

Ky's P.O.V.

I got up from my hospital bed and sat on the wheelchair my dad was holding for me. We rolled out of the room and into the parking lot. I spotted our car as we got closer to it. He slowly helped me get up as the nurse coming with us took the chair back to the hospital. My dad opened the door for me and I got in the passenger's seat. After a few minutes, he got in too, a smiled plastered on his face. I rested my arm on the arm support and he put his over mine and grabbed my hand. I could really tell he'd missed me. And even though I couldn't really remember what had happened to me which caused me to be 'gone', I'd missed him too. We drove home quite quick and as I got down, I felt relief being back. We got in and he helped me to my room. I lied on my bed just looking at the ceiling, realizing how much I'd missed this place. I heard my dad talk on the phone on the other room.

"Hello?" He said to the person on the other side. "Yes, Grace, it's me. I know you probably don't wanna talk to me, but I have news. Ky's woken up. No, I'm not kidding. Yes, you can see him, but not today, maybe tomorrow afternoon. Yes. Okay. So I guess I'll see you tomorrow. Have a nice day. Bye." I was surprised my dad was still so polite to my mom when I knew she probably wasn't towards him. He was such a nice, big-hearted guy, he was the kind of man I aspired to be. Then, he came to my room and I looked at him. "I'm calling your Aunt Maia to tell her she can bring the boys home again." Oh so that's where they are.

"Okay!" I told him. He came and sat beside me on the bed.

"I missed you so much, don't you ever scare me like that again, you hear me?" I nodded and he laughed, pulling me into a heartfelt hug. Damn, I really had missed him.

After about twenty minutes, Aunt Maia's car stopped by our door and I heard Andrew rush up the stairs till I finally saw him by the door frame. I stood up and reached for him. I spread my arms and we hugged for what seemed like an eternity.

"Are you okay? Do you need anything? Sit down. Rest, don't stress out." He started telling me and I giggled.

"Andy I'm okay, yes I'm fine. Don't worry, it's okay. I missed you so much." I told him and he mumbled something in reciprocity.

Then dad came with Justin in arms. I picked him up and held him in the air, playing with him. My family was one of the greatest parts in my life, I couldn't have asked for a better one, well excluding my parents' relationship but that doesn't really matter from my point of view since I shouldn't interfere in their troubles, but worry about them being good parents, which they were, and that was enough for me.

It wasn't until two hours later, after playing with Jus and Andy, and talking to my father that I could finally drift off to sleep.

I slowly flickered my eyelids before I actually opened my eyes. I sat up very gently and stayed there staring at a spot in the room, just immersed in my thoughts. Then after some time, I stood up and opened my curtains. I hadn't realized Andy and Jus were there until the rays of sun hit Andrew's face and he opened his eyes mumbling in annoyance. I whispered "sorry" at him and quickly drew the curtains to cover the light, absorbing the light until it completely faded, and Andy closed his eyes again and went back to sleep.

I checked my watch and noticed it was only 7 AM, which explained why Andrew was still in bed after I had woken up, since he is the one who is usually up before. Why was I even awake before 10 AM on a Saturday. I didn't know, but I couldn't go back to sleep.

I checked my phone and noticed I had a message from Lauren.

"Hey you're probably fast asleep but I went to bed early and I'm not tired now haha."

I smiled to myself and replied.

"Good morning, gorgeous, no I'm awake haha, I'm not sleepy either." I replied