Chapter 15

Ky's P.O.V.

The warm breeze and the whispering wind hit my face. I faced to the right and walked in a fast pace to my house. In the path, I stopped to admire this landscape, I never got tired of it. I'd experienced it for almost 18 years and still found it mesmerizing: the last tiny faints of light and the beautiful sun over the buildings and skyscrapers, also falling on the trees' leaves. I finally got to my door, slid the key through the hole and got in. I closed the door quietly behind me. My mom peeped her head out of the kitchen door.

"Hey, sweetie!" She greeted me cheerfully. "How was your walk?" I smiled at her.

"Hi, mom! It was nice, the weather was very pleasing!" I replied and went up to my room.

I lied in my bed and took out my phone.

"Hey." I texted her.

"Hey :)" She replied.

"Um I was wondering if... you'd like to meet me at Flight Coffee at 8:30?"

"Sure! I'll see you then!"

I decided to focus for once and actually do my homework. I could only afford falling behind so much. I took out my stuff and worked on it until dinner.

I grabbed some clothes and showered. As I was coming out I heard my mom call us down to eat. I dried my hair and rushed down the stairs. I went into the dining room, where my parents and brother were already waiting for me, sitting by the table.

"Sit down, honey!" My mom said. Soon we all were eating away and didn't speak until a few moments later.

"How did work go, Grace?" My dad asked her. She sighed.

"Not so good, they're firing some new people and no one is safe." She said and dad gave her an 'I told you' look, which made me remember of that time I'd over heard them talk about her job when she had just got it.

*FLASHBACK*

I was about to go down the stairs to look for a glass of water when I heard mom and dad arguing about something.

"You don't understand, Arama!" She explained to him. "This job is very important to me! We need the money!"

"I don't care, Grace!" He interrupted her. "I don't trust these people, they seem like they don't care about you!"

"I can take care of myself!" She assured him. I sat on the last step of the stairs to listen to them carefully. My father approached her.

"I know you can, but I don't want to see you getting hurt if you lose this, I know how much it matters to you." He said softly.

"Honey, please, let me, I will be okay." Dad sighed.

"Ok, I'm sorry for trying to stop your plans..." He apologized.

"It's ok, sweetie, you were only trying to help me, but I can do it myself." She smiled and he kissed her.

I went up the stairs again and got into my bed.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"It's ok, dear, they won't fire you, you've been working there for 2 years now, you're not new!" He said and smiled, she smiled back.

Then, no one talked until dinner was over except for some small talk. We then finished, I cleared the table and my brother washed the dishes, tonight was his turn. I went up to my room, threw on a hoodie and went out. It was already 8:15, so Lauren should be on her way.

Despite the fact that I got there early, I spotted the brunette I so looked forward to seeing and approached her.

"You got here early." I said softly, making her look up to me and smile.

"So did you. I just didn't wanna be late." She replied in the same tone and shrugged.

She was wearing a white sweater with some jeans and still, just like yesterday, that simplicity seemed to fit her perfectly. She looked gorgeous.

"You look beautiful." I complimented her, making her blush. The place was empty, which was unusual. "I come here all the time to think, when I'm not in the mood to climb up Mount Eden. It's usually crowded but I always find a spot to seat and just ponder about life." I added as she listened attentively.

"Walks are my time to think. Whenever I feel overwhelmed about life I go on a walk or a run and just figure stuff out. I understand how important those moments are." She replied and I smiled at her, reaching out to grab her hand across the table.

"So, you wanna get some coffee?" I asked and she nodded. We got up and approached the counter. "What would you like?" I added.

"A caramel macchiato please." She replied. I faced the barista and smiled at him.

"Hey, what would you guys like?" He asked.

"A caramel macchiato for her and just black coffee for me please." I said and smiled once more.

"Coming right up!"

We sat back at our table and just looked at each other, our fingers intertwined.

"I love your eyes." She suddenly blurted out. I could feel my face flushing. "They transmit... safety, comfort, kindness."

"Why thank you, I like yours too. The way they shine when you talk about stuff you love, stuff you're passionate about, your interests. That is a unique kind of glow, I've never seen anything like it. It's... special." I said and looked into her eyes, not saying another single word.

Our staring contest would've probably gone one forever if the barista hadn't called us over to get our order. We sat back down and just kept talking on and on like we always did, one hand holding the drink and the other one interlaced with the other's. It was these talks I could never get tired of, they were the ones I looked forward to the most. She had such an interesting mind and such varied opinions, I just could never get enough of her talking.

We left at 12 because the shop was closing, so we headed back to her hotel.

When we reached the door, she hugged me and thanked me for the night like she'd done after our first date. Then, she gave a me a quick peck before going in and waving goodbye once more. God, she was stunning. Everything she did was. She was so beautiful, and I couldn't believe I was lucky enough to be the one she was spending her time with.