Chapter 8

His P.O.V.

They're here. They finally are here.

The girls arrived today in my city and I find myself hardly breathing. After days, weeks, months, years of waiting they are finally here. Soundcheck starts at 7 pm today and I get to go because of my VIP tickets. The show doesn't start until 8:30 pm though. I don't really know how to feel: I want to laugh, I want to cry, I WANT TO MEET THEM. This, although I've said it a thousand times, is my dream finally becoming a reality. It's finally happening tonight. Tonight will be the best night in my whole life, and there's nothing that can change that.

Lily and I were hanging out in half an hour for the final details of meeting times, post concert stuff and things.
I saw my phone light up and saw I got a text from her.

"Where are you??? You are late!"

Without realizing, I'd spent an hour daydreaming about tonight. I got my coat and rushed out of my room.

"Bye, mom! Bye, dad!" I yelled as I headed to the door.

"Bye, honey!" I heard my mom say as I closed the door behind me.

I sprinted through the sidewalk until I reached the park. You can guess by now that's where we hang out. I saw her standing there and reached out for her.

"Sorry" I muttered, catching my breath.

"It's okay..." Lily replied.

"So, ready for tonight?" I asked.

"Totally, what about you?" She answered with a question.

"So much I could run 50 miles straight and still be hyped."

"Wow, that's kind of a big deal"

"I'm kind of a big deal, babe" I answered cockily.

"Wow, sassy."

"That's my middle name... So, when are we meeting?"

"7 pm I guess?"

"That's right, so 7 pm in the venue."

"Cool."

I paused for a moment, talking about it so normally gives me chills.

"And what about after the concert, I mean my mom doesn't want me to come home alone at night." Lily added.

"My dad offered to pick us up, so yeah..." I replied. An awkward silence.

"Um, so I... I need to go, see you later, bye." She said in a rush and left.

I didn't know why she's acting so strange. I ignored it and went home too.

*4 hours later*

I was waiting for Lily outside the venue at 7 pm, like we had arranged. As if on cue, I saw her running towards me. She looked beautiful. She had a black purple-ish dress that followed her figure perfectly, some matching boots and her hair fell over her shoulders and back in small waves. Her eyes were highlighted by her mascara, those perfect blue eyes, as blue as the ocean. She was gorgeous. She finally caught up with me.

"Wow" I let out. She blushed a little. "You look beautiful" Her blush increased.

"Thanks" She squeaked out. "You look nice too."

I was wearing white skinny jeans with a flowered red shirt and red sneakers, nothing too special.

"Thank you" I answered. "Ready?"

"Not as much as you!" She replied. I grabbed her hand and we ran into the venue.

The place was HUGE. I was so proud of what the girls had accomplished. We showed our tickets to a big security man and got to our places. Until 7:30, the opening band, Lily reason for coming, started their soundcheck. They were good. I made a note to myself to remember to look them up. Then, it was finally 7:30 and they came on stage. Oh my God. They looked perfect. Each one of them in their unique style. Everyone had said they looked beautiful, but I'd never seen pics or videos of the tour because I didn't want it to ruin the surprise. I always saw the #UpAtNightTour tag on twitter, but I never clicked it so this moment could take place, the moment when I finally saw them with my own eyes. My eyes travelled from one to the other. Lauren was the last one. I fixed my stare on her and couldn't take it off her even if I tried. She wasn't even dressed up for the show and she looked perfect. She wore a big white sweater and some yoga pants, with a beanie on her head. She was like an angel that came all the way from heaven to make my life better. They sang and sang and sang until it was already 8 pm, when they went to dress up and get everything ready. For the first time in forever, it was about to happen: the best experience of my whole life.

"They look flawless" I whispered to Lily, who was on her phone.

"Yeah, yeah" She said in some kind of irritated voice...

After half an hour more, the show finally started. We had front row feet away. They started off with Hearts On Fire, with Dani kicking it off and the rest joining in beautiful harmony. Then they continued with the rest of the setlist, connecting with the audience through each song. When they performed Acid Rain, my personal favorite and the song I believed to be their best, Lauren kneeled in front of me and sang her heart out, crying. She looked me in the eyes and I could see the pain in hers, I knew how special this song was to her. This scene broke me. Every single performance was perfect in its own way. This album was perfect. I wished I could pause this moment and live in it forever. I sang every word to every song and ended up with a hoarse voice when it ended. I was so sad it did, but we still had the Meet & Greet! I WAS FINALLY GOING TO MEET THEM. I felt like my heart was about to come out of my chest, and I was sure people around me could hear it beating too.

We lined up behind a very long queue, waiting for our turn. We were the last ones. Time went by so slowly. Then we finally were one person away, I could already see them behind the curtain.

We walked in at last and I saw her standing there.

-----------------------

A/N: The moment is here! He and Lauren will finally meet! Yaaay! #Excited. Anywayyyy, please comment and vote! Thanks!!