Chapter 29

Lauren's P.O.V.

The day after our small date at Ky's house, I returned the favor and invited him over to chill at my hotel. We wanted to give his rest one more day so we chose not to do anything to crazy, and instead decided to cuddle up and watch movies and talk. Honestly, that was already an ideal date to me, just spending time close to him and just him. He came over for lunch and left way after dinner. I truly saw it as a day perfectly spent. Nothing huge, so simple, yet so fulfilling and meaningful.

Today, we he was taking me to the beach. It was about an hour away, Piha Beach. I felt tempted to look it up, but he'd urged me not to so the beauty of it would be a surprise. I knew I wouldn't be disappointed, though. I put on my swimsuit, a light white dress, and received a text from him.

"You ready to go?" He asked.

"Sure, where are you?" I replied.

"Waiting at the hotel door!"

"Be down in a minute!"

I tied my hair in a ponytail and rushed down after saying goodbye to my family. I came out of the elevator and saw him through the glass door; I immediately smiled to myself. As soon as I was out, he hugged me and spun me around in the air before putting me down and kissing me softly.

"Hey." He just said, which made me laugh.

"Cat got your tongue?" I asked jokingly.

"No, you just left me speechless." He smirked and winked at me cockily. I hit him playfully and he smiled at me. "So, ready to go?" I nodded and we started walking towards his house.

We walked slowly, hand in hand down the street. We reached his house after a while, but we didn't go inside. Instead, he opened the garage door revealing a blue Volvo V40. He looked at me and smirked, to what I replied with a big smile. He started walking towards the car and I followed. He opened my door and I got in the passenger's seat, and then he got in the driver's seat. He turned the engine on and soon we were driving through the streets of the city.

Piha Beach was to the west of Auckland, about an hour away (like I previously mentioned), so I got comfy in my seat and grabbed his hand over the armrest. The sun hit his face and he was glowing, which made him look ethereal, angelic almost. We spoke softly, as if being too loud would disturb the peaceful, calming ride. His voice and touch were as warm as the sunlight hitting us. At that moment, there truly was no place I'd rather be. Him by my side, the two of us alone, with a beautiful destination ahead.

After what seemed like forever, in a good way, I could see the ocean. Ah, beautiful wasn't enough to describe it. It was a light, greenish blue and it looked so soothing. There was an enormous rock on one of the sides. Soft waves hit the base of it and the shore and washed up the last ends of the beach. It was honestly breath taking.

Ky parked right outside the beach and we both got out, walking towards the sand. Right before we reached it, we both took our shoes off and ran towards the beach holding hands. After about ten seconds, we both tripped and fell, laughing uncontrollably at each other. We sat down at that same spot and sighed.

"I know this isn't the prettiest beach, but it's definitely one of my favorites." Ky pointed out, looking around at the darkish sand. "I also knew it wouldn't be crowded." I looked around and realized there was literally no one else.