Chapter 16

Ky's P.O.V.

I started getting ready for my date with Lauren in the park after school. I hadn't seen her in four days, but we didn't stop talking one second of that time. She had told me she had something important to tell me today. I grabbed my guitar and headed for the door.

"Dad, I'm going out!" I screamed so that he would hear me.

"Okay! Love you!" He yelled back after a few minutes. As soon as I heard his response, I opened the door and left.

I walked to the park that was only two blocks away from my house. I loved spring in my city. Trees were blossomed, it was not too hot or too cold, people seemed somehow happier. I just enjoyed it a lot. I got to the place and saw Lauren sitting on a spot in the grass. She smiled at me and I left my guitar beside her, greeting her.

"Hey." I said and kissed her. "How are you today?"

"Oh, I'm..." She replied and left the sentence unfinished for some seconds. "Great. I'm great." Something about it wasn't really convincing.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, it's just that..." She trailed off again. "I have a very sad reminder I thought about today." Her expression showed immense grief now.

"What is it Laur?" I asked her, worried.

"I remembered I'm leaving, I mean we still have time left. But I will be leaving soon, I'm not sure what I really want to happen between us. I don't wanna be involved with someone I know I'm gonna lose so fast." My heart dropped when she said that. She was right, she was leaving sooner than later, she had to go.

My mind just blacked out. In less than a month, I wouldn't be able to see her face to face. I would be alone again. The girl of my dreams, gone. I wanted her to stay forever, to never leave me, to be with me always.

"I-I uh..." I started but broke off. "Don't worry, we still have this month, right? I'll be on spring break, and I'm planning on making the most out of it." I finished and she smiled. After I'd had said that, she leaned in towards me and kissed me. God, it felt good.

"Okay." She simply said after we pulled away. Then she looked at the guitar beside me. "I didnt't know you played guitar." She told me.

"Yeah, I do. When I'm bored I just play for hours." I replied. She smiled widely.

"Can you play something for me?" She asked me. I grinned, of course I would. I took out the guitar from its case.

"What do you want me to play?" I asked her. She thought for a while.

"I don't know. Play whatever you want." She answered. I started playing for her and went on for what seemed like forever.

"Ky you play beautifully." She said after a while.

"Yeah, I have played for some years and I have been singing for as long as I can remember."

"Well, it was wonderful. Gosh, aren't you perfect. I really want to stay with you, I mean it. I like you, and I've loved seeing you these past three days. Each date has been amazing, and I really feel like this could be something real. I just have this..." She said, getting up and starting to wander around, facing the other way. "feeling in my gut that it's all gonna mean nothing once I'm gone. I'm too scared of loneliness and heartbreak."

"Lauren, I will be by your side as much as you want me to." I responded, standing up and hugging her from behind tightly. I was gonna miss her so much, not seeing her would hurt. She turned around and our lips met. Her soft, delicate lips that I craved so much. The lips that transmitted so much passion and safety.