Chapter 31

Ky's P.O.V.

It was here. The day I dreaded the most. This could not be possibly happening. She could not be leaving today. My body refused to get up. It just ached completely. After endless painful tries, my back managed to leave the top of my bed and I slowly sat up. I lifted my arm as much as I could to see the time. 8 am. My neck refused to turn so I just stared blankly at the wall in front of me.

Today was the worst day of my life so far. My whole world, the girl of all my dreams since I was young, who I finally got to make a reality, was leaving my arms. My beautiful girl, with the cutest bits of innocence and beauty beyond explanation both inside and outside, no longer with me. My source of happiness. My reason to be. My everything.

I knew this would be the hardest thing ever, but I never expected it to be this painful. My entire body ached and I could barely move. I tried to force myself to lift my arm, but it was like it was dead. The thing I wanted the most right then was to be able to get up, to talk to her, to see her and hug her with all my might. It was almost like my body didn't want me to go through that painful experience, but this honestly hurt more. Both knowing I couldn't bring myself to get to her and the literal, physical pain were too much to handle. Why was this happening to me right now? The day I needed my body to cooperate the most. The day I needed to be the strongest I'd ever been.

After I tried for the seventh time, I managed to get up. I walked towards the stairs and slowly went down. I was about to reach the floor but my numb foot missed the last step and fell on my right arm, hitting my head hard. I screamed my lungs out, inexplicably sharp pain filling my whole body. All of my limbs went numb for a few minutes. I was dizzy and everything just turned around unceasingly.

Then I heard some voices coming closer to me and I was lifted up and sat on something, the stairs I guessed. A masculine voice was talking to me but I only heard it distantly and the images kept moving so I didn't identify the person or his words.

"Ky." I suddenly heard clearer. "Ky, can you hear me?" His voice was slowly making more sense and I could understand him. Then everything came together and my sight was good again, and I saw my father kneeling in front of me, my brother behind him with Justin in his arms.

"W-what?" I muttered.

"Are you okay? You just had a bad fall. You look half asleep." He replied.

"I c-can't move my body." I answered. "I don't even know how I got to reach the stairs. My foot missed the last one." He looked at me, concern in his eyes. "My head hurts, I think I hit it really hard." I added bringing my hand to the side of head.

I could feel my head beating and throbbing. The ache was unbearable. I felt like my skull was about to explode into a million pieces. Every sound seemed extremely loud and eerie. I felt myself drifting off but I did my best to stay awake: I could not waste time today. But my body got heavier and heavier, too much of a burden to keep it straight. Then suddenly my eyes felt the same way too until everything was black and my willpower gave in.

Lauren's P.O.V.

"I'm done!" I shouted so someone would hear that I had finished packing.

The day was here. The so dreaded day. We were leaving. I was leaving the sort of home I had built here. Because he was my home. My strength. My roof. My everything. It was time to let go, and I wasn't even close to ready to do so.

My heart pounded faintly, and felt weighty as ever. It was almost as if I were dragging it across the floor with difficulty. I couldn't bring myself to ease the heartache. I was leaving one of the most beautiful places, in which I had created unforgettable memories and even found... love. I was sure of it now, it was love. I couldn't believe it took me until my last day here to admit it to myself, and to be ready to say it out loud, not just to myself like last night. I had to tell him I loved him, I had an urge inside me to tell the whole world. Lauren Cimorelli was in love.